[Official] Print this WotC, so I can put it in my EDH deck

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

Please keep all custom card creation to this thread.

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

WotC made it clear that they want to provide some solutions against ramping in EDH, in form of Tectonic Hellion (against land ramps) and Dockside Extortionist (which does way more than catching up). Extortionist is awesome, that goes without saying, but Hellion is 7cc and may hurt yourself if you land-ramp. Granted, a Boros deck would likely ramp with artifact than anything else, but it's still either too early or too late against land ramps. So what else can Wizards do?

Sire of Stagnation and Oblivion Sower came to mind.

It makes sense, since Zendikar residents have affinity with land drops, Eldrazi being its primary adversary should have anti-land mechanics. And because Eldrazis are mostly colorless in cc they could go into any deck. WotC could make Eldrazis that hinders land drops and it'd be well within flavor and convenience of players. For example:

Eldrazi Blightspawn
Creature - Eldrazi
2/2

Whenever a land enters the battlefield under an opponent's control and that player controls at least two more lands than another player, that opponent returns a land they control to their hand, then exile the top card of their library and a card in their graveyard.

OR

Colorless Eldrazi Punishment
Tribal Sorcery - Eldrazi

If target opponent controls at least two more lands than any other player, create X 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature tokens, where X is the number of lands that player controls. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add C."

-----

And if they're with devoid:

Black Eldrazi Punishment
2BB
Tribal Sorcery - Eldrazi

Devoid (This card has no color.)
If target opponent controls at least two more lands than another player, that player reveals their hand. You choose X cards from it, where X is the number of lands they control over another player. That opponent discards those cards.

Blue Eldrazi Punishment
2UU
Tribal Sorcery - Eldrazi

Gain control of target permanent an opponent controls with cmc X or less, where X is the number of land they control.

Rred Eldrazi Punishment
2R
Creature - Eldrazi
3/1

Whenever a land enters the battlefield under an opponent's control from a library or a graveyard, that player puts a nonland permanent they control on top of their library, then shuffle it.

White Eldrazi Punishment
2W
Creature - Eldrazi
1/3

Flash
Whenever one or more lands enter the battlefield under an opponent's control and that player controls at least two more lands than another player, those lands enter the battlefield tapped, they do not untap during that opponent's next untap step.

gilrad
Pronoun: he / him

Post by gilrad » 4 years ago

balancing act and natural balance are the first two that come to mind. Natural balance is also kind of fun as a strong ramp card if you get stuck on like three lands and a rock.

Keldon firebombers is kind of on the edge, it mitigates a lot of the top deck hell many MLD effects result in, but it still sets everybody back into setup turns, but with potentially no setup cards or lands in hand, bringing players back to top deck hell.

I'd personally like to see more "set everybody's land count to X" cards. Maybe with a modal effect or even just cycling for those games where everybody plays fair with their mana.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 4 years ago

I would like something that exiles all lands in play and redistributes them evenly to all players. Feels like a red effect. Plays in Zedruu space.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

gilrad wrote:
4 years ago
Natural balance is also kind of fun as a strong ramp card if you get stuck on like three lands and a rock.
Natural balance also likes cards like Lotus Field, Lotus Vale and Scorched Ruins. Or just sacrificing lands for value first with something like Squandered Resources or Rain of Filth

I played it in Titania, Protector of Argoth and it was pretty wild.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

Lavinia, Azorius renegade and Damping Sphere are both fairly good.

Rule of Law style effects have always been great against Ramp in my experience.

So in addition to worrying about resource parity, you can attack at different angles like limiting number of spells, limiting amount of mana per source, etc.

And sweepers of course. More sweepers like Hour of Revelation would be sick. When I can sweep the board for WWW often cleaning up tons of mana sources, it really helps equalize things.

I don't think we need to be specifically focusing on land counts because mana doublers (e.g. Regal Behemoth) and rocks can be just as oppressive. I'd try to be a little more generic in thinking. More Damping sphere and less Tectonic Hellion.

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

I've merged this topic into the official custom card thread.

reltastic
Selesnya's Voice

Post by reltastic » 4 years ago

Yesterday, while I was driving for work, my brain was going weird places and spit this card out:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Here Comes the General
Sorcery

When you cast Here Comes the General pay {X} where {X} is your Commander's converted mana cost.
Each player puts up to one commander from their command zone onto the battlefield, then exile Here Comes the General.
And it's a really stupid card, I know, but I needed to get it out of my head, so sorry.

It helps decks that are struggling with their color fixing - they can still get their commander out, but at the cost of giving everyone else their commander as well. Also, it bypasses commander tax, which is a fun little addition. *shrug*

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 4 years ago

I'd like for them to complete the cycle of Battlebond lands, battle lands, and reveal lands for enemy colors. I'd also like them to complete the cycle of Horizon lands for allied colors.

I'd like a Legendary Kavu Commander. They have Commanders for Bears, Ninjas, and Scarecrows, but no Kavu.

I'd like a Boros control commander. Something like Nahiri, the harbinger that can be your commander and maybe has an ability that's good for multiplayer. Maybe her -2 could be for each opponent.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Candlemane

Post by Candlemane » 4 years ago

Thundersong
2RW Enchantment
Whenever you cast an Instant or Sorcery spell, you may deal 2 damage to a creature or planeswalker. If you do, tap the permanent.

I think this would be great to liven up the spellslinger side of Boros, and I used thundersong trumpeter a lot back in the day. The cards I designed here is more akin to stun sniper, but I like the Legion.
Paper EDH

Tameshi, Reality Architect
Sapling of Colfenor
Feather the Redeemed
Lynde, Cheerful Tormentor
Thalia and Gitrog
Xryis, the Writhing Storm

umtiger

Post by umtiger » 4 years ago

Still waiting for a Volrath's Stronghold (or Academy Ruins for younger players) for Land cards along the lines of Hall of Heliod's Generosity.

I hope the wait isn't as long this time. And that the title of the card isn't as long.

JoeyB11223

Post by JoeyB11223 » 4 years ago

Hmm there's a few I'd like.

If we revisited Ixalan a Call to the Grave variant or just in supplementary product.

Insert Decent name
2BB Enchantment
During your upkeep, each player sacrifices a creature, if you have the cities blessing, each opponent sacrifices a creature.

Rage re-direction
2U Instant
Cast this spell only after attackers are declared on an opponents turn. Choose up to two creatures attacking you this turn, each of those creatures instead attacks a different player of your choice. (you cannot choose the attacking player)

SP1R1TDRAGON

Post by SP1R1TDRAGON » 4 years ago

On the earlier topic of punishing ramp: I think something like:
2WW: each player chooses up to five lands they control and sacrifice the rest.
would be nice to have, it balances mass ramp but doesn't lead to a standstill like Armageddon would

Ertai Planeswalker

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 4 years ago

Some cool name 1UR
Legendary creature - Merfolk Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets a single opponent or a single target an opponent controls, you may copy that spell for each other opponent. Each copy targets a different opponent or permanent a different opponent controls.
2/3

Enable burn in Commander!

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Reclamation Cleric 2W
Creature - Human Cleric
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.
2/1

It really bugs me that this card doesn't exist in monowhite. There are a bunch of very close cards, which suggests that it is in color pie for white, but nothing that quite does the same thing.

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 4 years ago

I would like commands for the enemy colors.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 4 years ago

I want new Temur generals. Preferably one that's Lands.dec- or Manifest-based.

I've been custom creating a Manifest based Commander lately, haven't posted it though.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

Skello496

Post by Skello496 » 4 years ago

Ertai Planeswalker wrote:
4 years ago
Some cool name 1UR
Legendary creature - Merfolk Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets a single opponent or a single target an opponent controls, you may copy that spell for each other opponent. Each copy targets a different opponent or permanent a different opponent controls.
2/3

Enable burn in Commander!
I love it! But I might suggest making it mono-red if the purpose is burn, blue just adds a distraction.
Also it allows you to use it with Rite of Replication which just seems... silly. :laugh:
EDH:
Krenko, Goblin Stampeder
Nylea, God of Hydra Counters G
Mahadi, Emporium Master rb
Feather, Catrips Redeemed wr
Ghired, The Tokened gwr

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

If I could print 3 cards for Zedruu:

1) I would like them to print a card with "splice onto instant or sorcery" that can target Precursor Golem. I don't particularly care what the spell does. It could be a shock, a shatter, a twiddle, whatever you want, so long as it lets me effectively Radiate a Time Spiral, I'm happy.

2) I would like a boros legend in the vein of Boros Reckoner. I like having all 3 color pairs of Zedruu represented on legends, and I have multiple reasons to enjoy a damage judo type effect.

3) I would like a variant of Turn to Frog or Darksteel Mutation that hits permanents instead of just creatures. And maybe make the permanent a golem. And maybe they'd be afraid to let such a card attack people's mana, so they'd leave any mana abilities alone. Like, I'd be happy with just "until end of turn, target permanent is a frog with no abilities", but in a perfect world they'd print me:

Instant
Until end of turn, target permanent loses all abilities except mana abilities and becomes a golem artifact creature with base power and toughness 3/3.

or
Enchantment-Aura
Enchant permanent
Enchanted permanent is a golem artifact creature with base toughness 3/3 and has indestructible, and loses all other abilities except for mana abilities.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Isabelle
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Isabelle » 4 years ago

Mostly for Insult shenanigans in Squee Storm. Probably would never get printed, but hey this thread is about dreaming right?

Flare Out (or something to that effect)

Instant

The next spell you cast this turn gains storm.

At the beginning of the next end step you lose the game.

Added the lose the game clause because it seems like this spell would be somewhat busted but idk for sure.

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 4 years ago

So Many Myr XW
Instant
Create X 1/1 colorless Myr artifact creature tokens.

I could really do with this in my Golos deck for an EoT burst of artifact creatures, it's help with like, four different wincons.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

For landfall and anti-MLD

Planar Flicker (Rare)
2g
Instant
Exile all lands you control, then choose one -
  • Return them to the battlefield.
  • Return them to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Undead Scholar

0/3
When Undead Scholar enters the battlefield, return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.

I'd even take it for , I just want Varina to have some control recursion without having to resort to Possessed Skaab or the danger that comes with running Dralnu, Lich Lord (no offense to him, he is legit). Clearly I want to abuse it, but I also want it on tribe for more synergy.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”