Syr gwyn hate Knight Tribal

Gashnaw
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gashnaw » 4 years ago

So I looked a Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and thought to myself.
"i want to build knight tribal"
Then i continue looking at the spoilers and my smile grew wider.

i have been wanting to do knights for a while and originally i was planning to just run Aryel, knight of windgrace as the commander, but this does offer an addition but of fun. Equipment. I would not make it a voltron deck by any means, but having knight tribal with some fun stuff (like the swords of X and Y) could be very beneficial with a 0 cost to equip. (And Knights' charge can counteract the loss of life, but i plan to to have a bit more life gain in there.)

Then i decided to get to the bulk of the deck. 2 mana 2/2s. I believe they are called hate bears, but since they are all going to be knights, i decided to call them hate knights. So basically a huge bulk of 2 mana 2/2s is the goal here. maybe about but i will also be playing others.

so i want a bit of help with construction. I have the basic idea of what i want and might not need much help, but i still like to ask for help before even deciding if i really do need it. (That way i can get people to bounce ideas around and help brew.)

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

Limiting it to 2 mana 2/2s really puts a damper on things for me. Puresteel Paladin, obviously, but after that...*shrugs*?
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

Nah, go all mana rocks, wraths, and...BLUDGEON BRAWL.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

On the bright side, if you want them to be all 2 mana, you can get tremendous value out of Immortal Servitude!

Gashnaw

I stated the bulk of the deck will be 2/2s for 2. that however is not the only thing i am going with. I mean Aryel is going in the deck. I am gonna run other creatures. I am just saying when it comes to creature i am still gonna focus on hate bears. I am not even only running knights. Leonin Shikari is gonna be in the deck. (Only cause instant speed equip is great, and with 10-15 cards being equipment, i may as well run her) (7 swords (Of X and Y), a (+10/+10) hammer...)

Immortal Servitude is pretty good. i will probably run that. As while i will not get all my knights back, i will get a bulk of them back.

also Bludgeon Brawl is in Zurgo.

I should also mention that Black knight, White Knight and their brothers Blood Knight and Silver knight are all being run.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

"Hate bear" usually connotes a stax-type effect, like leonin arbiter. Having protection is stretching the criteria imo, and it only gets thinner from there. Personally I wouldn't worry that much about hate knights as a concept, just run whichever knights are best.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

All this talk about knights and not one mention of Knight of Dawn...

For shame, guys. For shame.

Really wish those Cavaliers were elemental knights rather than just elementals.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 4 years ago

3drinks wrote:
4 years ago

Do you mean the M20 ones? Cause they are: Cavalier of Thorns.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

Dragonlover wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks wrote:
4 years ago

Do you mean the M20 ones? Cause they are: Cavalier of Thorns.

Dragonlover
Oh. A happy coincidence then. Guess now I've got a reason to pick them up now.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Gashnaw

Eldraine alone gives me a lot of knights to work with that synergize. And then i have my other knights. So this is gonna be a tribal/swarm/aggro deck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”