Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Sinis wrote:
4 years ago
CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
I just didn't say it right then

I said the owner is the only one who can loose

I meant to say as long as they don't have a way to kill everybody in one move they are stuck
Kind of.

Say someone uses Ribbons (Cut // Ribbons) on all their opponents for more than their lifetotals. The first state-based action kills the Abyssal Persecutor player, and the other players cannot lose the game because there is an Abyssal Persecutor preventing them from losing the game. However, right after the Abyssal Persecutor player loses the game, State-based actions are checked again, and all the remaining players at less than zero life also lose the game.

I think it doesn't really prevent players from winning; the thing to really enjoy about it is that it's a 6/6 flample that will inevitably die to something. It's not fancy that way; it's just a very efficient beater, and I think people really underrate that kind of creature.
Yep kudos for the tips

Atleast were both on the same page this demon is underplayed

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Lets give some more

Aerie Mystics (233 decks)

Lets have a shroud protection from those target spells when we need it for all of are creature

Riftstone portal (776 decks)

Get this land in the yard and then Behold you never have to worry about not getting a green and white source ever again

Hunting grounds (402 decks)

Theshold no problem for this ones case Lurking Predators but from your hand

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Null Chamber (42 decks, yes the answer to the Universe) - You can use politics to name an opponent (who agrees with you) and both of you name the other two players commanders.

Mana Maze (414 decks) - Has to be in the right deck, but if you have lots of cheap instants you can really stop opponents from casting spells altogether.

tempoEDH
Pronoun: he / him

Post by tempoEDH » 4 years ago

Current Decks:
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death EDH
Karlov of the Ghost Council EDH
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant EDH
Edgar Markov EDH
Emmara, Soul of the Accord EDH
Yarok, the Desecrated EDH
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden EDH
Kalamax (No infinites) EDH
Ghalta EDH
Current Projects:
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa/Silas Renn, Seeker Adept EDH
Neheb, the Eternal EDH

tempoEDH

also Withering Boon, although really any of the Non-blue counterspells. People just don't expect it.
Current Decks:
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant EDH
Edgar Markov EDH
Ghalta EDH
Current Projects:
Neheb, the Eternal EDH

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

tempoEDH wrote:
4 years ago
also Withering Boon, although really any of the Non-blue counterspells. People just don't expect it.
One of the few cards I hang on to in Chainer that most games don't become useful.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

tempoEDH wrote:
4 years ago
I'm an Imp's Mischief (1848 decks) man myself.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

tempoEDH wrote:
4 years ago
The worst blowout of my edh career was getting my game winning expropriate countered by frigging brownterspell warping wail

tempoEDH

"Brownterspell?"
Current Decks:
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant EDH
Edgar Markov EDH
Ghalta EDH
Current Projects:
Neheb, the Eternal EDH

darrenhabib

tempoEDH wrote:
4 years ago
"Brownterspell?"
Artifacts used to have brown frames, but anything that is colorless that can counter spells is a bit of a surprise for opponents;
Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Warping Wail, Null Brooch, Not of This World, Nullstone Gargoyle are all cards that I've used before.

Sheldon

Post by Sheldon » 4 years ago

The fact that Equal Treatment is in only 33 of 131k decks boggles my mind.

Sinis

Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago
The fact that Equal Treatment is in only 33 of 131k decks boggles my mind.
That's up two decks from when you posted that card on page 1 :laugh:

Pain Magnification only appears in 910 decks, but basically turns 3-power creatures into specters, and many burn spells into Blightning.

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Act of Authority, In 1830 decks 1% of 131955 decks.

Permanent (as in "lasting") removal in enchantment form is rare, and without meddling its second ability plays into a political game. However, when you add blinks and cards like Estrid's Invocation suddenly you have a repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.

onering
Answers: 1

Post by onering » 4 years ago

I think Act of Authority is underplayed because it came out before a lot of people were playing commander. Also, in more cutthroat metas, not being an instant hurts it.

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 4 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
Act of Authority, In 1830 decks 1% of 131955 decks.

Permanent (as in "lasting") removal in enchantment form is rare, and without meddling its second ability plays into a political game. However, when you add blinks and cards like Estrid's Invocation suddenly you have a repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
I forgot about this card. I saw it on release, but never picked on up. Need to get one for the EDH box.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

...do Zedruu decks run that? I use it in enchantress builds sometimes.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Sinis

Serenade wrote:
4 years ago
...do Zedruu decks run that? I use it in enchantress builds sometimes.
It never made the cut in my Zedruu decks, because I was probably running more enchantments than other people. I can see a universe in which Zedruu does run it, though.

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

onering wrote:
4 years ago
I think Act of Authority is underplayed because it came out before a lot of people were playing commander. Also, in more cutthroat metas, not being an instant hurts it.
Most EDH decks aren't cutthroat though, so it's a surprise that AoA is in only 1% of all decks.

pokken

Act of Authority is frigging vicious in my Aminatou deck :)

Cow31337Killer

Post by Cow31337Killer » 4 years ago

I just want to throw some praise out there for Gravity Well|ROE. This card makes my opponents flyers a non-problem for my mono green deck and I love it. If there's only one person at the table with a lot of flyers your other opponents probably won't even try to remove it. I highly recommend giving it a try if your meta has lots of annoying flyers in it like mine does.

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 4 years ago

For the last few weeks i've been toying with Maddening Imp in my Lazav, the Multifarious deck and eff me, this thing wreaks havoc!
It propably isn't set to stay (due to my deck being more of a voltron than a toolbox list), but 151 decks is laughable!

onering

Post by onering » 4 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
onering wrote:
4 years ago
Most EDH decks aren't cutthroat though, so it's a surprise that AoA is in only 1% of all decks.
True, but it still matters even in less cutthroat metas. And at the lower end of the skill level, I think it gets overlooked because players see the additional clause and decide it's not for them because they don't want it used on themselves, without realizing that's totally optional and just saves you from something awful when it's already done so before.

darrenhabib

The cost reduction Familiars.

Thornscape Familiar 150 decks
Thunderscape Familiar 167 decks
Stormscape Familiar 487 decks

Sunscape Familiar (1421 decks) and Nightscape Familiar (3244 decks) get more love, but I think people put too much value on what else the creatures do besides the cost reduction, and at the end of the day it's the cost reduction that you are really after.

All these cards are incredible in the right decks and are obviously grievously overlooked.

pokken

darrenhabib wrote:
4 years ago
The cost reduction Familiars.

Thornscape Familiar 150 decks
Thunderscape Familiar 167 decks
Stormscape Familiar 487 decks

Sunscape Familiar (1421 decks) and Nightscape Familiar (3244 decks) get more love, but I think people put too much value on what else the creatures do besides the cost reduction, and at the end of the day it's the cost reduction that you are really after.

All these cards are incredible in the right decks and are obviously grievously overlooked.

Stormscape is insanely good in ephara for me. Pearl medallion that cycles and straps on a sword. Nothing finer really. I might play four or five if there were functional duplicates and I've considered trying sunscape despite it's less useful body and my lower blue commitment.

Nightscape was absurd in inalla. Let me do lots of multi spell combos and set up huge turns....and it chump blocked with regeneration like a total boss. Would have played 4 or 5 gladly.

darrenhabib

Soul Exchange (190 decks) - This can't be correct!? From 150,000 decks only 190 have it..what? A 2 mana reanimation card is amazing. Victimize is in 15517 decks and this is almost as relevant.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”