Unreleased and New Card Discussion

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 2 years ago

RowanKeltizar wrote:
2 years ago
I'm super confused by which cards are legal and which ones aren't. Is it literally just the little holo watermark at the middle of the bottom of the card? Because that will be super annoying for new players especially.
Assuming I understood the publications correctly; if the holo watermark is acorn shaped, it is "silver boardered". If it has the standard oval icon, then it's a normal card. It's extremely obscure unless you know to look at it.

My previous comment was along the line of saying that Krark's Other Thumb and other similar borderline one-off effects can be in this set, but black-boardered. That is an upside that I really like. The method is...painfully obtuse, in my opinion
Last edited by Crazy Monkey 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 2 years ago

RowanKeltizar wrote:
2 years ago
I'm super confused by which cards are legal and which ones aren't. Is it literally just the little holo watermark at the middle of the bottom of the card? Because that will be super annoying for new players especially.

I mean why can't all the cards be silver bordered? Is it a simple question of revenue for WOTC? Black bordered cards are worth more?
Silver Bordered cards are, by definition, not tournament legal. They cannot print tournament legal silver bordered cards. And as I went into above, mixing borders inside a product is... difficult at best, especially at the scale they have to work with. So their options are A) print more silver bordered cards that are 100% workable within normal, black bordered rules and deal with constant complaints about the inability to use those in commander, or B) print it as a black bordered set with some sort of indication (the acorn holofoil stamp) as to which cards are not tournament playable.

And as a more general comment: If the "new player" you're worried about is into magic enough to own these cards, but casual enough that they're unaware they're illegal in tournaments... what's the actual issue here? Is the assumption that new players are going to show up in droves to play their Killer Cosplay decks at tournaments? Otherwise, if it's casual games... what's the harm in allowing them to be played more frequently?

Mookie
Answers: 47
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 2 years ago

One concern I'll call out is that the power level / testing of previous Un-sets has been pretty inconsistent. The most recent batch (Unsanctioned) seemed to be pretty well-balanced - I'm not aware of any issues with Alexander Clamilton or Acornelia, Fashionable Filcher. However, the Unstable batch prior brought stuff like The Grand Calcutron and X, which need a fair amount of functional errata to function properly.

Wallycaine

Mookie wrote:
2 years ago
One concern I'll call out is that the power level / testing of previous Un-sets has been pretty inconsistent. The most recent batch (Unsanctioned) seemed to be pretty well-balanced - I'm not aware of any issues with Alexander Clamilton or Acornelia, Fashionable Filcher. However, the Unstable batch prior brought stuff like The Grand Calcutron and X, which need a fair amount of functional errata to function properly.
Also worth noting that both would 100% have Acorn stamps on them, since neither works within Black Border rules.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

RowanKeltizar wrote:
2 years ago

I mean why can't all the cards be silver bordered? Is it a simple question of revenue for WOTC? Black bordered cards are worth more?
What I don't like is the questions all these uncards raise in other formats. Water Gun Balloon Game makes me unironically wonder what color is pink and whether I can get protection from it. This I do not enjoy.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 2 years ago

Mookie wrote:
2 years ago
This was somewhat addressed by MaRo in his article:
Second, early on, I went to Aaron Forsythe, my boss, and asked if I could lead this set from the beginning of design to the end (exploratory, vision, and set design), and he said I could as long as I listened to my play designers, as card balance is not my strength. Those two play designers were Donald Smith Jr. and JC Tao, and they helped me immensely in making this a fun, balanced set.

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 2 years ago

Wallycaine wrote:
2 years ago
Silver Bordered cards are, by definition, not tournament legal. They cannot print tournament legal silver bordered cards. And as I went into above, mixing borders inside a product is... difficult at best, especially at the scale they have to work with. So their options are A) print more silver bordered cards that are 100% workable within normal, black bordered rules and deal with constant complaints about the inability to use those in commander, or B) print it as a black bordered set with some sort of indication (the acorn holofoil stamp) as to which cards are not tournament playable. be played more frequently?
Why do they need to print cards with "black bordered rules" in un-sets in the first place? I thought the whole point was for these to be silly and spoof cards.

I would say another option here would be to C.) keep everything non-black border rules and print them all in silver border.

If they want to print cards with black bordered rules just print them in the multitude of normal sets. what's the issue with that?
Wallycaine wrote:
2 years ago
And as a more general comment: If the "new player" you're worried about is into magic enough to own these cards, but casual enough that they're unaware they're illegal in tournaments... what's the actual issue here? Is the assumption that new players are going to show up in droves to play their Killer Cosplay decks at tournaments? Otherwise, if it's casual games... what's the harm in allowing them to be played more frequently?
It's just not enough of a difference. I go to draft a set and i am supposed to decipher which cards are legal to play in my decks based on a very minor difference in the holo stamp? I just think that is really silly.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Wallycaine

RowanKeltizar wrote:
2 years ago
Wallycaine wrote:
2 years ago
Silver Bordered cards are, by definition, not tournament legal. They cannot print tournament legal silver bordered cards. And as I went into above, mixing borders inside a product is... difficult at best, especially at the scale they have to work with. So their options are A) print more silver bordered cards that are 100% workable within normal, black bordered rules and deal with constant complaints about the inability to use those in commander, or B) print it as a black bordered set with some sort of indication (the acorn holofoil stamp) as to which cards are not tournament playable. be played more frequently?
Why do they need to print cards with "black bordered rules" in un-sets in the first place? I thought the whole point was for these to be silly and spoof cards.

I would say another option here would be to C.) keep everything non-black border rules and print them all in silver border.

If they want to print cards with black bordered rules just print them in the multitude of normal sets. what's the issue with that?
I'd invite you to look at the set Unstable. By far their most successful Un-set, because they built it to be drafted with itself. Now count how many of those cards work *completely within black border rules*! Especially now that Dice Rolling is explictly black bordered, it's the majority of them. It's impossible to make a coherent set out of exclusively things that are "silver bordered", especially as black border magic continues to eat up design space. So no, C) is not an option.

Edit: Just to see, I tried out my suggestion. Going by what Mark Rosewater said (Dice Rolling, Contraptions, and Host/Augment are all within black border rules), I counted 33 cards out of the first 100 cards in unstable that would actually get a an acorn watermark. So 66% of a fairly random sample of cards from Unstable are "black border".
Last edited by Wallycaine 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Wallycaine

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
RowanKeltizar wrote:
2 years ago

What I don't like is the questions all these uncards raise in other formats. Water Gun Balloon Game makes me unironically wonder what color is pink and whether I can get protection from it. This I do not enjoy.
As noted earlier, Water Gun Balloon Game is not coming to eternal legality. Pink continues not to exist in black border magic.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 2 years ago

Wallycaine wrote:
2 years ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
RowanKeltizar wrote:
2 years ago

As noted earlier, Water Gun Balloon Game is not coming to eternal legality. Pink continues not to exist in black border magic.
My favorite comment about this card:
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 2 years ago

I think a water mark would have been a better idea

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

So Acorn is the new silver-bordered. Eh, a bit fiddly, but at least better than a line of text reading "not tournament legal" somewhere.

I think players, even new ones, will soon get used to it.

Edit: And a little common sense. If the card says to twerk, I'm gonna assume it's Acorn.

Edit 2: Another advantage is that it allows them to reprint the Eternal cards in other formats. Like I can easily see Saw in Half reprinted in an Innistrad set, for example.

Edit 3: Oh wait I see the confusion. The card image for Water Gun Balloon Game shows it with an oval holostamp.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

All is well, that acorn seems pretty distinguishable from the oval stamp.

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 2 years ago

What's so confusing about looking at a hologram's shape? Genuinely confused at all the people complaining, acorn = not legal. It's really not that complicated.

Admittedly, the WOTC team is creating confusion by spoiling Water Gun Balloon Game with an Oval hologram when it will actually have an acorn hologram, but that has nothing to do with the system they developed.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 2 years ago

Our group has a silver border cube and it's hard to express how triggering it is that they're eliminating this.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 2 years ago

Kinda skimmed the article because I mostly dislike unsets after the fiasco that was unstable draft, but does this:
If a card has an oval security stamp (or no security stamp at lower rarities), it's legal in eternal formats (which includes Commander, Legacy, and Vintage).
Mean that UB is equivalent to un cards, I.e. it requires buy-in from the group to be used?

If so, then idgaf how they differentiate these things, I'm 100% in favour of it.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Wallycaine

DirkGently wrote:
2 years ago
Kinda skimmed the article because I mostly dislike unsets after the fiasco that was unstable draft, but does this:
If a card has an oval security stamp (or no security stamp at lower rarities), it's legal in eternal formats (which includes Commander, Legacy, and Vintage).
Mean that UB is equivalent to un cards, I.e. it requires buy-in from the group to be used?

If so, then idgaf how they differentiate these things, I'm 100% in favour of it.
No. That was a description of the legality within Unfinity, not a general game rule. Universe Beyond cards remain legal in the formats they're legal in.

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 2 years ago

Given how they've been crowbarring away at the themes and tone of the game, I do think they will lead to a consensus forming against non-multiverse cards. I see a lot of people who don't call themselves vorthos deciding that they don't want to play with The Space Family Goblinson on a regular basis, and they're finding common ground with people who don't want to play with Negan on a regular basis.

Also, I think the difference between this new wave of non-Multiverse cards and the prior tradition of doing alt-arts and proxies is that the latter builds towards self-expression and thematic deckbuilding, where the latter corrodes them. The guy who'd altered their Nicol Bolas to be Darth Vader or whatever, they're actively paying to reduce the trade value of their card; they're investing in a specific idea and vision of the deck they want to play and the stories they want to tell with it. WotC printing the next Smothering Tithe and calling it Bozo's Clown Shoes (I am sure they will do something like this in Unfinity) is trying to disrupt players ability to self-express through the game and build on the stories and themes they want to tell. This isn't just "Boots on an ooze" type flavor glitches, these are cards that in-and-of-themselves are designed to make a farce of the game. Nor is it just an attempt to add some humor for those that want it; there are plenty of lighthearted or humorous cards and decks you can build, at all power levels, that still feel like Magic.

These are cards that WotC doesn't want in their Multiverse, but they want at your table.

Sharpened

Post by Sharpened » 2 years ago

Dunadain wrote:
2 years ago
What's so confusing about looking at a hologram's shape? Genuinely confused at all the people complaining, acorn = not legal. It's really not that complicated.

Admittedly, the WOTC team is creating confusion by spoiling Water Gun Balloon Game with an Oval hologram when it will actually have an acorn hologram, but that has nothing to do with the system they developed.
The system isn't particularly complicated. Although it overlaps with a different system so it gets a little weird (Rare/Mythic - Stamp, Uncommon/Common - No stamp - well, now except....). Also, it's 1 specific shape being nonlegal, whereas other specific shapes - the triangles for universes beyond, are legal. There's obviously potential for confusion there.

But it's not overly complex, the problem isn't confusion about how it works. Once explained, it's straightforward.

I'm reminded of this: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2003-10-31 - The Artifact/White card issue when they switched to the new frames with 8th edition.

Look, we're used to ignoring the bottom of cards. We're used to ignoring the little hologram. Now it's something to pay attention to? Sure, if you are focused and looking for that specific thing, it's pretty straightforward. But when generally handling and sorting cards, it's just not where people look.

I have a decent number of UN-cards. I really liked drafting UNstable. I have my remnants from way back when I drafted UNhinged. Those cards stand out as what they are, because the silver border is very distinct, and it screams - "Hey, these are different". A little holofoil on the bottom of the card that I'm used to ignoring being shaped differently is not going to stand out.

If someone wants to check the legality of an UNfinity card, this system works fine.
If someone just comes across an UNfinity card, this doesn't stand out. They are going to have to stop and think, "Is this card legal?" and check. That's annoying. Not the end of the world, but annoying.
If someone comes across an UNfinity card and doesn't know anything about it, they are going to assume its legal. This is drastically different than any other UN-card, where they are going to come across is and immediately see that the card is different because of the border and want to know why/how.

That's the problem with the indicator.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 2 years ago

This change smells like someone wanting to have their cake and eat it too. They want to remove the stigma without actually changing what the cards are.

"Hey, we made these silver border cards that are basically just jokes, aren't they fun?"

"Sure, I guess, but most people don't want to play with joke cards…"

"I see, so it's the border that's the problem."

"Uh….."
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

BeneTleilax

Uncards are to table humor as joke-books are to wit.

Sharpened

DirkGently wrote:
2 years ago
This change smells like someone wanting to have their cake and eat it too. They want to remove the stigma without actually changing what the cards are.

"Hey, we made these silver border cards that are basically just jokes, aren't they fun?"

"Sure, I guess, but most people don't want to play with joke cards…"

"I see, so it's the border that's the problem."

"Uh….."
I don't think this is fair.

Look, it's hard to argue for the purity of the Magic IP if you have Universe Beyond cards running around. Also, plenty of the jokes that are just humor could see print in any Magic set. You can't say the won't do puns like Beast in Show, when they have already printed Apes of Rath in blackborder.

As for gameplay, while absurd or unusual, plenty of the cards make for interesting gameplay. I would love to be able to build a deck that uses something like Zzzyxas's Abyss. Some of the silver border cards are really fun to play as cards and not just jokes. I wouldn't want to inflict things like Skull Saucer on myself or others most of the time, but the Augment gameplay is actually really neat.

Moreover, cards are meant to be played with. It sort of sucks to have cards that could be played, but aren't legal. Yes, you can Rule 0 some things, but others are a big ask. If it works (not everything UN does), having it be default legal just makes sense and is better for most people. Letting people play with the cards they buy is a good thing. So blackbordering the cards that can be blackborder seems like a great change to me (I realize everyone won't love it, as everything has its detractors, but I would expect it to be popular as a whole).

I just think they screwed up in the demarcation of the nonlegal cards.

BeneTleilax

Sharpened wrote:
2 years ago
Look, it's hard to argue for the purity of the Magic IP if you have Universe Beyond cards running around.
I mean, we don't like those either. There was a massive push to get the RC to ban them in EDH, and WotC caved and agreed to print real versions of the cards that fit with the lore and tone of the game. Sucked then, sucks now.
Sharpened wrote:
2 years ago
Also, plenty of the jokes that are just humor could see print in any Magic set. You can't say the won't do puns like Beast in Show, when they have already printed Apes of Rath in blackborder.
That's part of my post. There are already have humorous designs in black border, both cards that are supposed to be funny to read, and cards that are designed to be "wacky" or chaotic in play. These new Unfinity cards are explicitly stuff WotC doesn't want in their setting (it's all their IP, there's no reason it can't be part of the Multiverse) for tonal and thematic reasons. The general tone and theme of my games matters more to me than the tone and theme of WotC's brand.
Sharpened wrote:
2 years ago
Yes, you can Rule 0 some things, but others are a big ask.
"This thing is a big ask for my playgroup, so it should just be the default"
If that's not what you mean, clarify.
Sharpened wrote:
2 years ago
So blackbordering the cards that can be blackborder
Already, one of the three new cards revealed for black border (Saw in Half) has created more unintuitive rulings than most expansions. Clearly, the decision to make these black-border was made late enough in the set that it didn't get the sort of rules QA that real black-border cards are subject to.

Sharpened

BeneTleilax wrote:
2 years ago
Sharpened wrote:
2 years ago
Yes, you can Rule 0 some things, but others are a big ask.
"This thing is a big ask for my playgroup, so it should just be the default"
If that's not what you mean, clarify.
I don't have a regular playgroup. It's a big ask to show up at a store and ask to play with something silver border. I don't think anyone should have a problem with a Dr. Julius Jumblemorph deck, as it can work within the rules, but it's not worth building if I don't know if people are going to object. Asking people to deal with things like Cheatyface is a no go, and should remain that way. There's no reason anyone should object to something like Jackknight and yet you can't count on that.
BeneTleilax wrote:
2 years ago
Sharpened wrote:
2 years ago
So blackbordering the cards that can be blackborder
Already, one of the three new cards revealed for black border (Saw in Half) has created more unintuitive rulings than most expansions. Clearly, the decision to make these black-border was made late enough in the set that it didn't get the sort of rules QA that real black-border cards are subject to.
I haven't seen a single ruling regarding Saw in Half, just tons of ridiculous and fun combos. Can you be more specific what problematic rules interactions are with that card? It looks powerful, but I don't see any rules issues.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 2 years ago

Sharpened wrote:
2 years ago
I haven't seen a single ruling regarding Saw in Half, just tons of ridiculous and fun combos. Can you be more specific what problematic rules interactions are with that card? It looks powerful, but I don't see any rules issues.
Speaking of rulings, my favorite so far is if you saw a Little Girl in half, you get two full grown women (i.e. 1/1).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”