Faerie Miscreant

rujasu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by rujasu » 4 years ago

Faerie Miscreant

I just went 7-2 with a deck running a bunch of Metropolis Sprite, a couple Spectral Sailor, and 5 Faerie Miscreant. The deck was not really that great, and I got quite lucky to do that well, but it was fun consistently having creatures to play for the first three turns. Anyone else had any success with this card? Do you try to draft it? Avoid it? How many do you try to get before you consider running them?

Tags:

Foo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Foo » 4 years ago

My best miscreant draft so far (in BO3):

(I certainly wouldn't play the crab today; this was back in week one).

The big selling point here is that Miscreant number one on turn one (or two) still does a lot of work turning on the Pegasi. When I won games with this deck it was pretty consistently by attacking with three one-drops on turn three.

Pegasi aside there's direct synergy available with the Pattern Matcher, Winged Words, Empyrean Eagle, and the big ol' rare. I like Miscreant a lot in this context - where copy number, played on turn one - is doing actual work. Really no different than the Scorch Spitter in its deck, and I think I like miscreant a little more than spitter.
Check out ongoing community Draft Simulations in the limited section. The fifth pick of Pack 2 in our first draft is currently live!
Cards Drafted So Far
Show
Hide
Healer of the Glade
Scorch Spitter
Sedge Scorpion
Duress

Maniacal Rage
Marauder's Axe
Moment of Heroism
Pacifism
Prismite
Season of Growth
Uncaged Fury

Chandra's Spitfire
Griffin Sentinel
Hanged Executioner
Ironroot Warlord
Glint-Horn Buccaneer
Rotting Regisaur

Dragon Mage
Meteor Golem

italofoca
Pronoun: he / him

Post by italofoca » 4 years ago

Miscreant is still pretty good in Bo3. By itself I would play it with 4x copies and 3x copies if I have several cards that plays well with it (any mass pump, Portal of Sanctuary, Pattern Matcher).

In Arena Bo1 I refrain from playing it unless I'm deep in WU Flyers. Heart-Piercer Bow is absolutely part of the meta and you have no chance to side out the faeries on subsequent games.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Limited”