[C19] Voice of Many, Ohran Frostfang (Commanders Brew)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

"Image" "Image"

immediately falls in love with the Frostfang

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

That's the most broken snake i have ever see

Dang a ETB draw cards equal to opponents to less creatures than you that's powerful

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 4 years ago

That's one serious snek for token decks, particularly decks that generate a lot of smaller tokens that you'd normally have little incentive to block. I like this guy a lot.

Lucifer, Sapere Aude

Post by Lucifer, Sapere Aude » 4 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
That's the most broken snake i have ever see

Dang a ETB draw cards equal to opponents to less creatures than you that's powerful
Meh, winmore ability. I prefer the mechanics that reward you when you are in disadvantage (so it's a win-win anyway) not when you are in a dominant position already.

That snake on the other hand is still a very powerful card to draw even at top deck mode and empty board state

TheMagicWord

Post by TheMagicWord » 4 years ago

Thats great that they made another snow creature. I would love to see them sprinkled throughout supplemental sets. The dream being to have a one-sided wrath with dead of winter.
Check out EDH Magic Online Magic Videos
Check out my The MTG Word instagram for pictures of crazy edh boardstates

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

Somewhere out there is an extremely happy Kaseto player.

CubJay

Post by CubJay » 4 years ago

I see a Snow creature: you have my attention. It says "draw a card" on it: I buy the product.
You might say I'm easy to manipulate, but as a wise man once said, is it really slavery when you get what you want?

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago

"Image" "Image"

immediately falls in love with the Frostfang
I thought the Voice was an angel, heh. For four mana, wouldn't it be more efficient to use Harmonize consider not only you need at least three opponents, and they all have to have less creatures than you to draw three cards?

The snake though, lovely snow support. It's function is more like Voice of Many than Voice of Many itself.

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 4 years ago

Voice of Many is begging to be blinked. Bring back Roon of the Hidden Realm? I'm sure you have better draw options in those colors but still it's not a terrible card.

theMarc

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
For four mana, wouldn't it be more efficient to use Harmonize consider not only you need at least three opponents, and they all have to have less creatures than you to draw three cards?
FWIW, Harmonize doesn't come with a body.

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

More Snow Snakes :D

Lucifer, Sapere Aude

Post by Lucifer, Sapere Aude » 4 years ago

theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
For four mana, wouldn't it be more efficient to use Harmonize consider not only you need at least three opponents, and they all have to have less creatures than you to draw three cards?
But Harmonize is not conditional, and make you always draw 3 no matter. What makes Harmonize really special is that is a color pie break card for green that usually need to be tied on creatures in order to do card advantage. Harmonize do not need that.

This elf can be good only in certain decks and strategies to really shine, Harmonize is raw advantage everywhere.

theMarc

Lucifer, Sapere Aude wrote:
4 years ago
theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
But Harmonize is not conditional, and make you always draw 3 no matter. What makes Harmonize really special is that is a color pie break card for green that usually need to be tied on creatures in order to do card advantage. Harmonize do not need that.

This elf can be good only in certain decks and strategies to really shine, Harmonize is raw advantage everywhere.
Yes, obviously. I was just pointing out that Voice wasn't a straight downgrade, and that there are situations where you'd run it over Harmonize.

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

I initially read Voice of Many as Voice of All, which is not quite the same thing. It looks comparable to Harmonize, if you expect to have more creatures than your opponents. Not as consistent, but there are a lot of things that synergize with creatures (such as Soul of the Harvest and Deadeye Navigator). Notably, there aren't that many creatures that can draw multiple cards on ETB, total, and even fewer that do so at such an efficient rate.

Ohran Frostfang also looks quite interesting. Obviously good if you care about the deathtouch (such as Marath, Will of the Wild), but the Coastal Piracy effect is the real draw here. Have we seen that in green before? I don't think so.

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

I'd probably prefer Harmonize over Voice of Many, but oh, that snake! I mean, I get it, it's green's version of a punisher spell, but still, just consider what it looks like. And it's entirely possible you might have more creatures than an opponent, and you will draw one card for each additional creature.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”