[C19] Doomed Artisan (CheshirePlaysGames)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

"Image"

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

Post by vandertroll » 4 years ago

This is..odd.. Blink shenanigans maybe?
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

Mookie
Answers: 47
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

This makes me quite happy - I'm always on the lookout for new token producers. End step also gives immediate value, which is nice. The fact that black and green always seem to have the best free recurring token production (Bitterblossom, Awakening Zone, Ophiomancer, Verdant Force, etc) has bugged me for a while, so always glad to see new options in white.

Notably, the Pacifism effect is tied to the Artisan, not the Sculptures - if he goes away, then the tokens wake up. I wouldn't expect him to live long enough to have a bunch of 10/10 tokens threatening the table, but still amusing if it does ever happen. Alternatively, they're a pretty solid base to populate.

Necrofish
Answers: 2

Post by Necrofish » 4 years ago

Is Sculpture a creature type for the sake of Changeling?
Wydwen is much too cool for you.[/size]

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

If you manage to donate this to someone else, they could use it to attack or block.

And since Sculpture gets bigger, they'd make better sacrifice for something size relevant, like Altar of Dementia.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Necrofish wrote:
4 years ago
Is Sculpture a creature type for the sake of Changeling?
Yes. It is now anyway.

I love this card, I love it to bits. If you can protect it for a while it can quickly get out of control.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Kajaxis

Post by Kajaxis » 4 years ago

Okay, this card got a chuckle out of me. I love the flavor of the card and the effect is fun. Whether it's jank or decent, I don't care - I want a copy.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

Just FYI, this deck's commander still can force tokens to attack while populating them.

sexymsjackson23

Post by sexymsjackson23 » 4 years ago

Populate today I see. However such a weird card, you get a bunch of sculptures but they can't attack or block. Maybe it works with coat of arms in another artifact deck to power up the other artifacts since the sculptures are artifacts themselves?

Kahedron
Non-Euclidean Polyhedron
Answers: 3

Post by Kahedron » 4 years ago

only if the other artifacts are also sculptures. coat of arms cares about a cards creature types not is card type.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and start slitting throats.
- H.L Mencken

I Became insane with long Intervals of horrible Sanity

All Religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination and poetry.
- Edgar Allan Poe

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 4 years ago

sexymsjackson23 wrote:
4 years ago
Populate today I see. However such a weird card, you get a bunch of sculptures but they can't attack or block. Maybe it works with coat of arms in another artifact deck to power up the other artifacts since the sculptures are artifacts themselves?
The trick is that they only can't attack and block while the sculptor is alive. So once you've gotten enough sculptures, you kick in the "doomed" part of his name, and kill off your sculptor so the sculptures can come alive

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

I'm really happy for the guy who made a custom card set full of Statue creatures. They finally are vindicated for this odd choice of creature type.

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

I love the art and theme of this card! To a point that I genuinely want it. So much so that it really changes my attitude about C19. It's so unique and thematic. The artist did a phenomenal job capturing the emotion. It's going right into my UW Ephara deck. I noticed he has a bionic arm, so something must have happened, yet he still creates art. Aww, it's so romantic, I love this card. Can't wait to play it.

EDIT: I'm also excited to see our first-ever Sculpture token! :grin:

LastConformist

Post by LastConformist » 4 years ago

Jace wrote:
4 years ago
I love the art and theme of this card! To a point that I genuinely want it. So much so that it really changes my attitude about C19. It's so unique and thematic. The artist did a phenomenal job capturing the emotion. It's going right into my UW Ephara deck. I noticed he has a bionic arm, so something must have happened, yet he still creates art. Aww, it's so romantic, I love this card. Can't wait to play it.

EDIT: I'm also excited to see our first-ever Sculpture token! :grin:
I think it's filigree and he's from Esper.

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

looks a bit too... mechanical to be filigree imo

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Raptorchan wrote:
4 years ago
Just FYI, this deck's commander still can force tokens to attack while populating them.
You mean they ETB tapped and attacking. Because usually forced attack makes me think of Erg Raiders and friends, which would not attack if it could not attack.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”