[C19] Full deck lists (all up)

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Looks like WotC has learned from the mistakes of the past, from the two decks shown so far, both have very solid land reprints and not a Vivid Land to be seen (thank Hades for that),

As for the other cards, I am seeing a considerable amount of good reprints for the themes presented. Not perfect of course, but fairly solid.
Honestly it still feels a bit low to me. Not that I care, but I'm kinda surprised after the whole kerfuffle last year that they didn't throw in a random $15 card or two to shut up the unwashed masses.

If they never print another vivid it'll be too soon. Keeping counters on lands is just the worst, especially since they usually never leave once you've gotten all your colors. I borrowed a deck from a guy last week that was fully foiled, amonkhet invocations and everything, and he was running bloody vivid lands in a 3 color deck. With no fetches. So then I got blood mooned...smh...
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
spots the Zetalpa, Primal Dawn reprint

...what?

Beefslab aside, I'm a bit less impressed by the reprints in this one than the morphs. The mana base skimps out on a lot of the passable nonbasics the other one ran and just jams basics instead. Why? The only synergy with them that I can see is Burnished Hart, I doubt the lack of fixing is driven by the desire to keep Sun Titan-recurred Harts afloat forever. Maybe they're balanced internally to play well against each other, but this looks inconsistent on paper.
Yeah, a reprint that suits the deck, no matter how janky, is fitting. I don't see Zetalpa going with the rest of the deck.

caulkwrangler

Post by caulkwrangler » 4 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago

...what?

Beefslab aside, I'm a bit less impressed by the reprints in this one than the morphs. The mana base skimps out on a lot of the passable nonbasics the other one ran and just jams basics instead. Why? The only synergy with them that I can see is Burnished Hart, I doubt the lack of fixing is driven by the desire to keep Sun Titan-recurred Harts afloat forever. Maybe they're balanced internally to play well against each other, but this looks inconsistent on paper.
Yeah, a reprint that suits the deck, no matter how janky, is fitting. I don't see Zetalpa going with the rest of the deck.
I think (hope) that's the idea - you can cut him for something else and have a possible commander to build a deck around.

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

Have we seen Mass Diminish, Cliffside Rescuer, or Bloodthirsty Blade yet?

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
Have we seen Mass Diminish, Cliffside Rescuer, or Bloodthirsty Blade yet?
Iwas wondering the same thing

ApocalypseChive
Answers: 1

Post by ApocalypseChive » 4 years ago

This is up on the previews feed already but I don't see a thread. Cliffside Rescuer, 1W Kor Soldier 2/2 vigilance, T and sac it to give another target permanent you control protection from opponents until end of turn.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

caulkwrangler wrote:
4 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago

...what?

I think (hope) that's the idea - you can cut him for something else and have a possible commander to build a deck around.
Pretty much. First thing anyone needs to do with the decks is to customize them by removing the cards that don't fit for something that does. Zetalpa in itself is not a bad card for the format, being a pretty difficult to get rid of double striker with evasion, but it really feels out of place in the deck.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

One minute to go till the next deck reprint list

Hope Kiki is a reprint

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Nope. Also no Bramble Sovereign. Dammit. Worst reprint value of the revealed decks.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

CommanderMaster999

Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
Nope. Also no Bramble Sovereign. Dammit. Worst reprint value of the revealed decks.
Money wise not playability wise though

The bigger mistake is lack of godsire

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Yeah, money wise. Playability wise this looks on par with the other ones, so that's good. I predicted Soul Foundry in conversation with a guy from my meta when the face cards went live, I'm pretty stoked I got that right.

Caved and scored Bramble Sovereign, Minion Reflector and Flameshadow Conjuring just in case of buyouts. I'm not good at judging at what may cause buyouts - last year I bought a Sundial of the Infinite in panic upon seeing Gyrus, Waker of Corpses :P still, the fact those are not exactly the most densely printed cards in existence makes a spike possible.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

From a playability standpoint, it's nice that they gave so many ways to make a nasty #value token with Feldon of the Third Path, Mimic Vat, Soul Foundry, and Flamerush Rider alongside a few strong cards that make spooky tokens like Angel of Sanctions, Giant Adephage, and Dragonmaster Outcast. No Bramble Sovereign is a big miss and Godsire will also be missed due to its high (and growing, now) price.

In general the deck's value is concentrated in more $3-$6 cards (a few of the aforementioned, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Lightning Greaves) instead of one or two big-ticket items and is probably the worst value overall.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Yeah, it has the lowest reprint value. They could have easily tucked in the Bramble Sovereign and still be cheaper than the morph deck.

Looking closer at the build, it's surprising how little immediately cuttable chaff there is. This should play pretty well out of the box.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

In terms of playability, the Naya decks looks pretty good - a bunch of good token producers and populate cards. Manabase isn't amazing, but it has more character than the Jeskai one, with things like Rogue's Passage and Gargoyle Castle.

In terms of value, I don't see many singles I'm looking to pick up - just Feldon of the Third Path. No Godsire is very disappointing, since it needs a reprint and would have been a perfect fit. Emmara Tandris is.... not a worthy replacement, to put things politely.

theMarc

Why Emmara Tandris. Why even.

Cyberium

theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
Compare to Zetalpa, Primal Dawn in Jeskai, she is at least related to the theme.

theMarc

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
Compare to Zetalpa, Primal Dawn in Jeskai, she is at least related to the theme.
She's soooooo baaaaaaaad, thoooough. Nobody needs her. Nobody wants her. Whyyyyyyyy???

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!
Answers: 1

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
She's soooooo baaaaaaaad, thoooough. Nobody needs her. Nobody wants her. Whyyyyyyyy???
Presumably new players spot her and see that in a deck based around tokens she gives great protection for token creatures. Sure she is expensive for the mana but it's very on theme for the deck.

Although I'm disappointed in the populate deck overall. Nothing to do with reprints (although Godsire would have been ace) but the deck is just mostly white/green with red just tacked on here and there. Was hoping for one or two more red cards with populate to really make it stand out vs regular populate methods.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised they didn't ram Twinflame in there. Still, the very presence of red in the colour identity will get people, me included, dusting off their Kicken Jickens and feeling accomplished :P

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

CommanderMaster999

The last one should be up at any time

Once that happens spoiler season will come to a close

CommanderMaster999

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2019-08-08

The last one is up spoiler season is close

Oh Nixilis ignited is the last walker reprint

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Scryfall missed Desolation Twin in the number crunch. As such, I spent the last couple hours thinking there's a secret new land they haven't spoiled, only present in the madness deck. I feel pretty silly now.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Cyberium

It's unfortunately that there's not enough new hellbent/low-hand-size cards in Anje, but reprints are nice.

Overall, each deck is cohesive and ready to play right off the bat, with a lot of room for expansion. Each alternative commander is worthy of their own decks and did so flavorfully.

I'm picking up all four as usual,

CommanderMaster999

Debating for all 4 or all but jeskai

Definatly did much better than last year

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Well, the Madness deck has the most staples in it (we got Sad Robot, Chaos Warp, Warstorm Surge, Magus of the Wheel, Key to the City, and Squee, Goblin Nabob) but doesn't have a ton of high-value cards sadly. It also chafes me that the most aggressive deck is the only one without a single dual that EtB untapped - seriously WotC? No Sulfurous Springs or Dragonskull Summit at least?

Thematically no real misses - everything I'd expect in a deck marketed as a Madness deck is here. But I think the theme is so loose that I was hoping for Reforge the Soul as a way of boosting the value of the deck and also supporting the theme.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”