[C19] Eyes on the Mise: three more morphtastic reprints

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

They actually pick pretty good ones for this deck. I wonder if they'd include vanilla morphs too.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

If there is a few more (or a repeatable way) to turn your things face up and down you can get a lot of value out of these.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Eyecut

Post by Eyecut » 4 years ago

Yeah, this looks like a completely viable synergistic deck as is, similar to the old meren precon

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
They actually pick pretty good ones for this deck. I wonder if they'd include vanilla morphs too.
I hope note. I suspect we'll see one though - my money would be on Krosan Colossus. I do also think we'll see a few "french vanillas" like Sagu Mauler , Quicksilver Dragon, Aerie Bowmasters, and Monastery Flock (I'd also generally count Zoetic Cavern as pretty french vanilla and it seems a shoe-in).

The reprints are generally great though. So far I'd save we've seen the biggest guns a Morph deck needs, but if they want to make the deck REALLY ready to rumble we still need Secret Plans, Dream Chisel, Ixidor, Reality Sculptor, Trail of Mystery, Whisperwood Elemental, Willbender, Den Protector, Brine Elemental, and Hooded Hydra. Cloud Key would also be a great #value reprint.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Hawk wrote:
4 years ago
The reprints are generally great though. So far I'd save we've seen the biggest guns a Morph deck needs, but if they want to make the deck REALLY ready to rumble we still need Secret Plans, Dream Chisel, Ixidor, Reality Sculptor, Trail of Mystery, Whisperwood Elemental, Willbender, Den Protector, Brine Elemental, and Hooded Hydra. Cloud Key would also be a great #value reprint.
Trail and Den Protector are in the deck. Not sure if we'd get Dream Chisel since the commander of the deck dose that already.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Hawk wrote:
4 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
I hope note. I suspect we'll see one though - my money would be on Krosan Colossus. I do also think we'll see a few "french vanillas" like Sagu Mauler , Quicksilver Dragon, Aerie Bowmasters, and Monastery Flock (I'd also generally count Zoetic Cavern as pretty french vanilla and it seems a shoe-in).

They might have to change rarities of some cards to fit in, I think. Whisperwood Elemental being one of that.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Hm, do you recall rarity shifts in EDH precons? I don't. But I don't tend to pay attention to that stuff too much.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

5colorsrainbow wrote:
4 years ago
Hawk wrote:
4 years ago
Trail and Den Protector are in the deck. Not sure if we'd get Dream Chisel since the commander of the deck dose that already.
Yeah, Dream Chisel and Cloud Key are big dreams for a deck where they "do nothing" alongside the commander. Ixidor, Reality Sculptor would be a huge missed opportunity to give us a new art in the new frame with that fancy legendary scrolling up top.
Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
Hm, do you recall rarity shifts in EDH precons? I don't. But I don't tend to pay attention to that stuff too much.
Actually, I think we've never seen a rarity shift before and they've definitely had mythics in lists beyond the commanders - we've seen Garruk Wildspeaker, Grave Titan and most all his friends, Avenger of Zendikar, Comet Storm, and other mythics in lists before. Most all cards seem to come in at the rarity they were first printed at except for 'walkers who have been mythic even if they were originally at rare. .

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
Some vanilla morphs have a use, but since this deck lacks w for Astral Slide, hell if I know what it would be.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

They've picked some great reprints, this will probably end up being the first deck I pick up from this year's cycle of decks. I wasn't even planning on getting this one before spoilers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”