Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TearsOfTomorrow » 4 years ago

Why is the Sultai deck so pushed.

Also, APE SNAKE.

Subject16
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

APE SNAKE??!

This reminds me a lot of Verdant Force only you get 2/2s and deny your opponents from using Mystical Tutor et al.

I'm happy that manifest is also pushing in new directions than from just your library. I'd love to see a Manifest/discard variant as well.

SyntheticDreamer

Post by SyntheticDreamer » 4 years ago

There needs to be flavor text on this, and it needs to be "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!"
Lapsed DCI Rules Advisor - Retired from playing but still hanging around

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
deny your opponents from using Mystical Tutor et al
Eh, deny is a strong word. "Make them pop it in their upkeep, mildly inconveniencing them" is more accurate. This slurps the handful of sorcery speed top of deck tutors though, I'll give you that.

The more of this deck we see, the more excited I get for the set. They're doing some real cute stuff with the morphs.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 4 years ago

I want whatever the Sultai mage who made this is on

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

A fun twist on how black can steal opponents spells as well as an idea for a future Davriel card design.

I was't sure on the morph deck but this guy making me change my mind and looks like a barrel of.... Pun aside I like the choices for black in this deck.

I wonder if this is a magic thing or if this is rooted in Asian myth.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Or Snape, if you will.

The "Amalgam" part of the name makes me think this isn't intended as a mythical beast (I can think of one serposimian but it's not from Southeast Asian mythology) but as one of Lord Tasigur's horrid arcane experiments.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

lookingupanddown wrote:
4 years ago
I want whatever the Sultai mage who made this is on
Well, there's also cat monkey on Kaladesh Scrounging Bandar and Amonkhet has cat snake Prowling Serpopard. XD

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Looks interesting, if a bit expensive. Can be difficult at times to turn your opponents' creatures face-up due to color considerations (and that is before even considering whether they're worth turning up at all), so I imagine it will be a Verdant Force variant most of the time.... which is still pretty good. Aristocrats-style decks will love this, assuming they can support a 7-drop (and if they don't, there is always reanimation).

Many flicker effects return to owner's control, but not all. Could be interesting alongside stuff like Conjurer's Closet in a Gonti, Lord of Luxury deck.

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

I see this as an Ophiomancer with upside and a relevant body. That CMC is pretty expensive though, so I'd be leery of straight adding it in to any deck. It's a great Token Generator that can randomly pull some sweet creatures into play. It's the dying trigger that I think is interesting for Yawgmoth and Geth...

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

...and Chainer. Grim Haruspex and Harvester of Souls trigger on nontoken creatures dying, and this guy just keeps giving nontoken sacrifice fodder.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”