[C19] Rayami, First of the Fallen

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

Source
(Reminder to please source the previews)

The_Greasy_Strangler
Bullsh*t Artist

Post by The_Greasy_Strangler » 4 years ago

Cool card! Meh artwork.

Fingers crossed for a UB Volrath in this deck.
Tell you a secret: I am the Greasy Strangler

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Very interesting. 5/4 for four mana is a solid statline, although a bit awkward if you want to go for commander damage. On the other hand, janky keyword voltron! I don't believe there are any ways to get double strike in those colors, but all the other keywords are pretty doable, and quite scary in multiples.

Also functions as a Sultai commander that *doesn't* work well with graveyard-based strategies, which is sort of different. Exiling things that die is a pain for many decks - shuts off recursion and death triggers. Rayami may draw a lot of hate as a result... but if it has hexproof and indestructible, then there isn't much your opponents can do.

....I've jokingly considered Brago processor tribal before (running a bunch of Oblivion Ring effects too) to deal with a Mairsil, the Pretender deck in my meta. Now I'm even more tempted....

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

I'm glad they come up with something unique but still within Sultai characteristics. Delve is already within their colors, so why not take a step further and presents keyword Voltron.

I've always loved keyword soup decks, though white tends to have the most of it. Fortunately, Rayami works with all sides of the field.

Maluko
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Maluko » 4 years ago

Interesting fact: it also works on your opponents' creatures, which means that, in addition to building your own deck to take advantage of Rayami, you can use it to hose graveyard-themed combos and strategies.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

I feel like I would use this commander to get flying, lifelink and indestructible; everything else would just be a bonus! She's a deck where you can run Darksteel Myr and some sac outlets and feel like you're winning :3

I like this design because she's black, blue, green and doesn't say draw a card or regrow a card anywhere in her ability text. She's definitely strong enough to get the occasional win in a big multiplayer EDH game without feeling forbiddenly powerful like Muldrotha or the like.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Hexproof wouldn't hurt either, and it's quite easy to get in {G/U}.

I like this fellow. He's got a legendary Soulflayer meets Mairsil vibe going on. Gives me hope for secondary legends in the decks.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

his arms look deformed..
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

YawgmothPrime

Post by YawgmothPrime » 4 years ago

I believe First of the Fallen refers to the original group of ppl warped into vampires by Ulamog's influence on Zendikar.

As for the card, love that it's a Sultai legend that doesn't focus on the graveyard and actually hoses they yard. Getting Hexproof reliably will be a must, but hopefully that won't make the deck perform too repetitively. Def a nice surprise of design and flavor.
The human body is a machine to be perfected.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Ohhh fun design, similar to mairsil in that when you recast her she will still get abilities due the blood counters still be there.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”