[ELD] Chulane, Teller of Tales & Arcane Signet

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Highholder wrote:
4 years ago
Sigh. Yet another bant/simic commander that draws cards. Don't they realize how boring that is? Where is the suspense in hoping for a key top deck? Now every friggen card is a cantrip and rediculous cheap powerful tutors everywhere. Am I the only one left who liked edh at first because of its random nature due to one copy only? So boring and unoriginal.
The design is indeed pretty boring. While it is its own synergy, Chulane doesn't do anything new. Though, Chulane encouraging creature cast is probably healthier than encouraging creature blink.

enrai

Post by enrai » 4 years ago

Yeah, I used to be excited about Wizards supporting Commander (especially with new legends), but recently I've been growing more and more weary of their designs. Part of the charm of Commander is that it's a home for cards that weren't really intended for any format. Too many streamlined and "optimized" designs reduce the amount of variety in decks.
previously known as soramaro

SyntheticDreamer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by SyntheticDreamer » 4 years ago

CalebLost wrote:
4 years ago
Hunterofsalvation wrote:
4 years ago
SyntheticDreamer wrote:
4 years ago
I also notice the collector numbers on these cards are missing the total number of cards in the set (i.e. "[card number]/[total # of cards]"). I guess they've decided to drop that given how many "extra" cards get printed in each set?
Since the Mythic M appears after a space, it is more likely that they have blacked out the total number for some reason.
I saw a tweet by Foresythe that said the estra cards will no longer have the /total numbers in the info
That's correct, I posted Forsythe's tweet earlier in this thread. Cards that don't appear in regular draft boosters won't have the total number of cards printed on them, just the card number.
Lapsed DCI Rules Advisor - Retired from playing but still hanging around

Yatsufusa

Post by Yatsufusa » 4 years ago

Perhaps it was the wording (and I actually hope I'm wrong), but wasn't it implied the Ancillary slot of boosters would only come in non-foil?

I'm already distraught thinking of having to wait for a year or two before the Judge Foil Signet is churned out, only for it to command Foil Command Tower values. You don't need to artificially strangle supply of these cards, WotC, just pure demand ensures their foil multipliers will be higher than the norm already...

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Yatsufusa wrote:
4 years ago
Perhaps it was the wording (and I actually hope I'm wrong), but wasn't it implied the Ancillary slot of boosters would only come in non-foil?
You are not wrong - this has been consistent from all sides.

But then again this is possibly something that could actually be changed by popular demand, so cards that are all but guaranteed to be reprinted like the signet will get their next chance soon enough.

JaceBluesMaster
Pronoun: he / him

Post by JaceBluesMaster » 4 years ago

Yatsufusa wrote:
4 years ago

I'm already distraught thinking of having to wait for a year or two before the Judge Foil Signet is churned out, only for it to command Foil Command Tower values. You don't need to artificially strangle supply of these cards, WotC, just pure demand ensures their foil multipliers will be higher than the norm already...
That is correct. Per MaRo: "[The Brawl cards in the Collector Boosters] only show up in the ancillary slot. I don't believe a foil or extended art will exist for [them]."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”