MID-Liessa

BeneTleilax
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BeneTleilax » 2 years ago

Liesa, Forgotten Archangel 2WWB
Legendary Creature - Angel
Flying, lifelink
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, return that card to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.
If a creature an opponent controls would die, exile it instead.
4/5

Oh hey, Liesa's back. Seems like a solid recursion general, and probably the top end of the BW aristo deck in standard.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

This could be really good for recursion in commander

standard is really gonna be different with Throne rotating out but I can see this card being an all star, especially early on

Mookie
Answers: 47
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 2 years ago

....wait, wasn't Liesa supposed to be dead? I sense shenanigans.

Anyway, Liesa 2.0 looks quite solid. Enables aristocrats / sacrifice synergies while also shutting down your opponents' recursion. Returning to hand is obviously weaker than returning to play, but not everything can be Marchesa, the Black Rose / Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker. She doesn't require any special enablers, at least. I also appreciate the board wipe protection, since everything else that dies at the same time as her will still get a trigger to return.

EonAon

Post by EonAon » 2 years ago

I thought Avacyn destroyed her? Admittedly I love that shes back but this really raises questions.

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 2 years ago

EonAon wrote:
2 years ago
I thought Avacyn destroyed her? Admittedly I love that shes back but this really raises questions.
I mean, the whole thing with angels and demons on Innistrad is that they can reform from their mana or essence after a while. That's why they had to shut big Grizzy in the Helvault. So I guess Liesa's had enough time to recoalesce.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

BeneTleilax wrote:
2 years ago
EonAon wrote:
2 years ago
I mean, the whole thing with angels and demons on Innistrad is that they can reform from their mana or essence after a while. That's why they had to shut big Grizzy in the Helvault. So I guess Liesa's had enough time to recoalesce.
That was my thought as well. Liesa, and the three other sisters are natural angels of Innistrad, Avacyn was artificial. Liesa thus would eventually reform. Avacyn will not.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Mookie
Answers: 47
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 2 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
That was my thought as well. Liesa, and the three other sisters are natural angels of Innistrad, Avacyn was artificial. Liesa thus would eventually reform. Avacyn will not.
Time to make a Liesa // Rampage of the Valkyries aristocrats deck titled "Mono-Green Angels" - angels are a renewable resource!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”