Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 3 years ago

Kasmina, Enigma Sage
Source:
Day9 Twitter

Professor Onyx
Source:
Danny Trejo Twitter

Personally, I like Professor Onyx more than Kasmina, but Kasmina granting her loyalty abilities to other walkers is new and interesting. Also, new creature token type: Fractal
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

PeaceRibbon
Creature - Human Student
Pronoun: he / him

Post by PeaceRibbon » 3 years ago

I guess with the new Kasmina you could take the uncommon planeswalkers from War of the Spark and increase their loyalty counters. This is a janky idea that would be a super underpowered use of the card, but you could do it.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

How long has Liliana been moonlighting as a professor? She's clearly the placeholder for Snape.

Also, someone on my LGS's discord just called her Liliana of the Yale, and I love it.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Source: The Twitter of Danny Trejo, a beloved character actor known for playing rough, dangerous men.

Content: Liliana, a cultured and elegant Gothic necromancer, as a college professor.

Seems about right?

Both of these look really cool. Kasmina is silly fun for Superfriends decks, and Lili is just a solid Lili - I'm guessing magecraft is the non-faction-related overarching mechanic for the set.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

I am generally not one to hype walkers but these two look...... below average.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 3 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
Also, someone on my LGS's discord just called her Liliana of the Yale, and I love it.
Someone, possibly the same person, made the same comment on Reddit and it has significantly more reddit awards than the OP
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Called Lily the other day after MaRo's hints, I am very happy I was correct. :)
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Source: The Twitter of Danny Trejo, a beloved character actor known for playing rough, dangerous men.

Content: Liliana, a cultured and elegant Gothic necromancer, as a college professor.

Seems about right?

Both of these look really cool. Kasmina is silly fun for Superfriends decks, and Lili is just a solid Lili - I'm guessing magecraft is the non-faction-related overarching mechanic for the set.
He is also an avid MTG fan, has been for years. He's also acted in the ads for Arena.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

tempoEDH

Post by tempoEDH » 3 years ago

So far I love the idea of the new Kasmina, first thought was just "What low cmc walkers would make an interesting tempo deck." and I like the idea of a more casual build using Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner and Huatli, the Sun's Heart and the like - after playing Kasmina, they're effectively 3 mana 6/6s, with lasting value since they can now renew their loyalty by scrying every turn (and Kiora is a 3 mana 6/6 that draws a card on etb), or 3 mana 7/7s if needed, though this seems like a poor choice in a lot of circumstances. Might brew this list for a more casual table later, not sure it's competitively viable, but seems like a fun idea.
Current Decks:
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death EDH
Karlov of the Ghost Council EDH
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant EDH
Edgar Markov EDH
Emmara, Soul of the Accord EDH
Yarok, the Desecrated EDH
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden EDH
Kalamax (No infinites) EDH
Ghalta EDH
Current Projects:
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa/Silas Renn, Seeker Adept EDH
Neheb, the Eternal EDH

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 years ago

kasmina creates fract-owls

now all of a sudden I support the owl and the turtle as the Simic creatures of choice. thanks strixhaven #teamsimic

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

6 cmc is steep, but once Onyx is on the board, the +1 gives some nice card selection. Thinking which pioneer deck I can put a single copy of her in.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”