Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2021-03-18

In short:

Strixhaven
Preview Season starts March 25th.
Release on MTG Arena and Online: April 15th
Prerelease Week starts April 16th
Full release for set and Commander decks on April 23rd.

Other

Modern Horizons 2 releases June 11th
D&D set releases July 16th

Innistrad Sets have been named and release dates set:

Innistrad Midnight Hunt (The Werewolf set) releases September 17th
Innistrad Crimson Vow (The Vampire set featuring a marriage) releases November 19th.

That's all so far.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Is Runo x Olivia anyone's OTP? That's my Crimson Vow guess anyway.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Is Runo x Olivia anyone's OTP? That's my Crimson Vow guess anyway.
As Olivia is allied with the Markov line, I think it likely she will marry a Markov. And as Runo is a Stromkirk, and they were among those that followed Emrakul and thus targets for the Markov/Voldaren crusade, it is extremely unlikely she'll marry them.
By marrying a Markov, she would unify the two of the strongest Vampire lines in Innistrad.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Not a bad call at all, but I definitely wouldn't put it as Sorin: Getting married and settled down as an active, ruling bloodprince might be too big a change for a character I assume is still going to be used in future stories, and also probably not what he'd want out of his unlife.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Not a bad call at all, but I definitely wouldn't put it as Sorin: Getting married and settled down as an active, ruling bloodprince might be too big a change for a character I assume is still going to be used in future stories, and also probably not what he'd want out of his unlife.
Sorin is not the only Markov. At least one other still lives (Edgar)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I wouldn't be so certain about that - It's not stated either way but it seems more likely than not he was a Markov Manor Massacre victim.

I'm heavily under the presumption that one of the people involved is Lady Voldaren herself, being that she's the most notable vamp character on the plane. If her spouse-to-be is a Markov it would be a new character I think.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
I wouldn't be so certain about that - It's not stated either way but it seems more likely than not he was a Markov Manor Massacre victim.

I'm heavily under the presumption that one of the people involved is Lady Voldaren herself, being that she's the most notable vamp character on the plane. If her spouse-to-be is a Markov it would be a new character I think.
It is certainly possible that it is a "new" character.

As for the fate of Edgar Markov, I would just like to point out that if we aren't explicitly told he is dead, then we must work under the assumption that he is still alive. There is a reason why "Never found the body" is a classic trope.

Also, I just had a really, really, really stupid thought (It tends to happen the day after I had a migraine, and I did have one yesterday evening), what if... What if the vampire she marries is a certain Baron that is kinda popular. After all, he went through the portal under his castle just before the mending, and there is at least one additional continent on the Plane of Innistrad (we know of it, a lot of Werewolves migrated to it after Avacyn got released), so if he ended up there, he would have had 200 years to build his power. That would be one hell of a plot twist. As I said, it is a really stupid thought, and I don't think it is going to be what happens, but what if?

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
As Olivia is allied with the Markov line, I think it likely she will marry a Markov. And as Runo is a Stromkirk, and they were among those that followed Emrakul and thus targets for the Markov/Voldaren crusade, it is extremely unlikely she'll marry them.
By marrying a Markov, she would unify the two of the strongest Vampire lines in Innistrad.
If nothing else comes from this than the fact that I can witness the discussion of Innistradi upper-class bloodsucker politics on a message, then I'm already satisfied with the outcome. : )

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago

We have MaRo confirmation that we know both characters involved.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Guardman wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago

We have MaRo confirmation that we know both characters involved.

So Olivia and Sorin or Olivia and Edgar then? Because they are the options that make the most sense.

Unless of course my crackpot theory from earlier in the thread turns out to be true. Lol.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Worth nothing is that the Baron has a large (pretty much all adoptive, but still) family, but has apparently never been married.

I never thought I'd actually want a Magic set inspired partly by the Addams Family but here we are.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Worth nothing is that the Baron has a large (pretty much all adoptive, but still) family, but has apparently never been married.

I never thought I'd actually want a Magic set inspired partly by the Addams Family but here we are.
Well, a very twisted and dark version of the Addams family anyway. Despite being extremely weird and dark, the Addamses were mostly benevolent. The Baron and his family, not so much. This is after all the guy that kidnapped a Dwarven princess just to make a point, then turned her into a vampire because he thought it would be funny (and to be fair, it was.), before adopting her. He also openly speculated what would happen if he turned his beloved "Grandmother" Ravi. And to top it off, he is literally the only creature on Ulgrotha that Eron the Relentless, a literal immortal, is scared of. Makes you think.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”