[ZNC] Commander Deck Lists

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 3 years ago

I know the Landfall one was already posted, but here is the mothership article with both:
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2020-09-09
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

I see WotC still likes to put in bad lands (not to be confused with Badlands) in the decks for mana fixing. But hey, at least they've stopped using the vivid lands.

They seem like fairly balanced decks overall, with the new cards being pretty good overall. However, the lack of alternate commanders are fairly telling, but understandable.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

Enigma Thief's face mask is hilarious. Now it surely blends in with the crowd. XD

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Enigma Thief's face mask is hilarious. Now it surely blends in with the crowd. XD
It's to stop COVID.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

I really hope that any future Covid related announcements from WotC use Enigma Thief's art as the announcement art. It's just too perfect.

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

The landfall decklist looks really solid. I've been intending to make a landfall deck myself, and it looks to contain a significant percentage of the cards I was planning to pick up.

Arcane Signet reprints are also appreciated, as always. I'm also totally fine with not having a ton of new cards in the decks - we're already getting an entire new set, so not needing to worry about unique cards in the commander decks too reduces my mental load.

...that said, I need at least three copies of Trove Warden. Only triggering on death (instead of leaving the battlefield) is a bit awkward though. Geode Rager also looks very scary - repeatable goad is nasty.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

Wow I'm shocked these decks we're way better than anticpated

I thought for sure it would be mostly reprints from zendikar rising

For only 3 new cards in each these decks are on par with how the decks in 2011-2017 did in reprint choices

Like sygg and Oona in rogues and angry omnath (gruul) and Admonition Angel in landfall Those pay for the decks if infact sticks at $20

And they even on theme way More than other year's decks we're I think focusing on the main legend only is what they should do from here on out and not focus on the secondary legends as well like they been doing before

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 years ago
And they even on theme way More than other year's decks we're I think focusing on the main legend only is what they should do from here on out and not focus on the secondary legends as well like they been doing before
Part of me wants to agree with this, but the other part of me prefers the other commanders rather than the main ones nine times out of ten.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”