[ZNR] Numot Preview, Scourge of the Skyclaves

BeneTleilax
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 years ago

image.png
Scourge of the Skyclaves 1B
Creature-Demon M
Kicker 4b
When you cast this spell, if it was kicked, each player loses half their life, rounded up.
Scourge of the Skyclave's power and toughness are each equal to 20 minus the highest life total among players.

Well, we have our mono-black aggro deck for Standard, I wonder if Burn splashes for this in Modern.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Insane in limited, barely useful in commander.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

Death's Shadow's bigger cousin? Seems solid. Works with both players' life totals, and you don't need to put quite as much work into getting a low enough life total just to have it live (which makes it more relevant in standard, given the lack of shocks and fetchlands to lower your life total).

Hard to know if this would see Modern play - I would assume so, just based on the success Death's Shadow has had, but I don't have enough familiarity with the format to know how relevant +7+7 is compared to the additional mana cost.

Looking to commander, the kicker makes it somewhat useful, but it's ultimately just a vanilla(ish) beater that you can't play out early. Being a */* instead of a 13/13 also means you can't make use of it with stuff like Varolz, the Scar-Striped. I'd probably go with Torgaar, Famine Incarnate if I wanted to halve some life totals.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”