Meaningful reprints and JumpStart

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

Well, the thread about meaningful reprints in Core Set 2021 proved to be an interesting topic, and since the gravy train appears to keep rolling with JumpStart, let's examine some of the expensive/in-demand/juicy reprints in JumpStart.

Thanks to @CommanderMaster999 for compiling this initial list.
That's a lot of gas! We also got Sheoldred, Whispering One, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, and Lurking Predators. Does anyone know if the praetors have been ruled in or out as a cycle in this set? I do wish some of the mythics, mainly Selvala and Craterhoof, had been downgraded to rare, but a reprint at mythic is better than no reprint at all.

Up until Core 21, WotC was famously stingy with key reprints, and now it seems like they've gone in the complete opposite direction. I like it, obviously, but the cynic in me suspects that it's only temporary. It's like they just want to placate and shut us up so they can go back to stockpiling reprint equity instead of expending it. Maybe I should try being more optimistic.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

was really surprised about the Riptide Lab; it had been left untouched for so long that I assumed WOTC were embarrassed about printing the card. I think this is the first time it's had the new border?

probably timed to make the new Barrin more desirable?

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

folding_music wrote:
3 years ago
was really surprised about the Riptide Lab; it had been left untouched for so long that I assumed WOTC were embarrassed about printing the card. I think this is the first time it's had the new border?

probably timed to make the new Barrin more desirable?
Or maybe it's because WotC have finally started to listen to the players when it comes to potential reprints, as people have been screaming (figuratively) at them about many of these cards for a long time.

Maybe it's both.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 years ago

I think its the result of them trying to find ways to reprint stuff with Masters Sets* gone. IIRC they also talked about putting some stuff like this in core sets for enfranchised players (Scapeshift) as well as tools for other formats (Infernal Reckoning) to balance out the "beginner" level of the core sets and give us a reason to care about core sets.

*I'm aware of double masters, but we aren't getting yearly ones now.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

Part of it is easily they may finally official flagging commander as important to focus on from here on out especially the reprints

Not as good as a reprint battlebond took care of this one Kor Spiritdancer is here

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

5colorsrainbow wrote:
3 years ago
I think its the result of them trying to find ways to reprint stuff with Masters Sets* gone. IIRC they also talked about putting some stuff like this in core sets for enfranchised players (Scapeshift) as well as tools for other formats (Infernal Reckoning) to balance out the "beginner" level of the core sets and give us a reason to care about core sets.

*I'm aware of double masters, but we aren't getting yearly ones now.
I get that, but they weren't doing the greatest job with reprints in Masters sets IMO, at least not at the level they touted at first.
CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 years ago
Part of it is easily they may finally official flagging commander as important to focus on from here on out especially the reprints

Not as good as a reprint battlebond took care of this one Kor Spiritdancer is here
I just hope they keep it up with reprints, though I worry that the holy grail of reprints that are the enemy fetches aren't going the meaningful reprint I'm hoping for. It's always good to see the ole Spiritdancer, though. I kinda want it in Pioneer.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
I just hope they keep it up with reprints, though I worry that the holy grail of reprints that are the enemy fetches aren't going the meaningful reprint I'm hoping for. It's always good to see the ole Spiritdancer, though. I kinda want it in Pioneer.
We'll be getting the Enemy Fetches reprinted in a booster set this year (barring delays due to the ongoing pandemic), most likely Commander Legends.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
We'll be getting the Enemy Fetches reprinted in a booster set this year (barring delays due to the ongoing pandemic), most likely Commander Legends.
I know. I'm just concerned that the print run won't be significant enough to affect prices.

CommanderMaster999

RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
I know. I'm just concerned that the print run won't be significant enough to affect prices.
Part of me feels it's not commander legends is where the fetches are

Because I feel like they defiantly don't want a limit print run commander legends besides vast majority of the cards are new

Anyway

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... y/jumpstar

i think the rest of the goodones are the following
Last edited by CommanderMaster999 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

3 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago

Because I feel like they defiantly don't want a limit print run commander legends besides vast majority of the cards are new

Anyway

I think this is all the cards excluding the good ones/reprints from core 2021
That link took me to nothing. What was it supposed to be?

CommanderMaster999

RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
3 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago

Anyway

I think this is all the cards excluding the good ones/reprints from core 2021
That link took me to nothing. What was it supposed to be?
sorry just made a list of the remainment i believer were needed due to price or playable

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”