Full M21 Gallery Up

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 3 years ago

That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 years ago

what heading is the best place for me to air my grievances? here or the meaningful reprints and core 2021 heading

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

The best set in years

I think they finally understand they have to focus on all level players and not fully on new players (both new cards and reprints)

But seeing some spirit tribal give me a spirit tribal legend already (if you seen kamigawa spirit cards it has to b a 5-color legend)

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 years ago

as far as core sets go im impressed I suppose. they really have been getting better at understanding the role of core sets. tenth edition will always be my favorite core (aside from revised where I started) but this one has a similar feel of nostalgia and generally cool cards. . .but im someone looking forward to opening Animal Sanctuary (caveat is opening it just once and only once)

hopefully ill get lucky and pull a playset of teferis but I doubt it
also round out a play set of fabled passage (or get as many copies as possible)

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

glad they printed a cat lord and a dog lord. Finally, another pioneer legal +1/+1 cat for my cat deck.
also easier to make a dog deck, now that they have a proper lord effect. :)

one minor complaint though.. feels unfair, why cat lord cost 3, but dog only cost 2?!
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Outcryqq
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Outcryqq » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
glad they printed a cat lord and a dog lord. Finally, another pioneer legal +1/+1 cat for my cat deck.
also easier to make a dog deck, now that they have a proper lord effect. :)

one minor complaint though.. feels unfair, why cat lord cost 3, but dog only cost 2?!
My guess - flavor reasons. It takes more investment into the relationship for a cat to love you (serve you, as a planeswalker) than a dog?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

personally, I find it easier to get cats to like me more than dogs. Biased opinion as I'm a cat person, have adopted 5 strays, They greet me in the morning. They also come to snuggle when I call them, even if don't have any food in hand. Also, dogs of our neighbor sometimes bark at me for no reason.. maybe they know I like cats. lol

well, since the dog lord is 2 cmc, It would be a bit easier to make the pioneer dog deck more aggro, with 2 cmc dogs and some burn. Not competitive enough to compete at fnm, but would be enough for fun play when friends visit. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

AvalonAurora
Pronoun: they / them

Post by AvalonAurora » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
Also, dogs of our neighbor sometimes bark at me for no reason.. maybe they know I like cats. lol
Dogs barking isn't always aggression, it's often just calls for attention, or to try to communicate the presence of something the dog noticed. I'll admit it can be scary if the dog has loud barks. Of course, in some cases, it is aggression, which you can usually detect by the tone and pattern of the barks and the body language of the dog.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”