[M21] Fiery Emancipation and other cards - Mothership 6/10/2020

Outcryqq
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Outcryqq » 3 years ago

Fiery Emancipation 3RRR
Enchantment
If a source you control would deal damage to a permanent or player, it deals triple that damage to that permanent or player instead.
"One day the mountain's fire will rise up to burn away our chains and end this age of oppression."
—The Molten Prophecy

ImageImageImage
Heartfire Immolator 1R
Creature- Human Wizard
Prowess
R, Sacrifice Heartfire Immolator: It deals damage equal to its power to target creature or planeswalker.
"I'd rather go out in a blaze of glory than fade away and be forgotten."
2/2

Hellkite Punisher 5RR
Creature- Dragon
Flying
R: Hellkite Punisher gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
"We'll pay no more tribute to that tyranical lizard. A new age starts today!"
—Mayor Kadrim, now deceased

From the Mothership, 6/10/2020. Fiery Emancipation seems incredibly strong, especially when compared to other cards that do similar things, like Furnace of Rath (doubles, affects opponents too), Dictate of the Twin Gods (doubles, affects opponents too).

Maluko
Answers: 1

Post by Maluko » 3 years ago

It will for sure be played in Commander, and I'm sure many games will end on the spot when it does. My Chandra-based deck is getting so many goodies in this set 😎

Segrus

Post by Segrus » 3 years ago

Outcryqq wrote:
3 years ago
From the Mothership, 6/10/2020. Fiery Emancipation seems incredibly strong, especially when compared to other cards that do similar things, like Furnace of Rath (doubles, affects opponents too), Dictate of the Twin Gods (doubles, affects opponents too).
I think Gratuitous Violence is a closer comparison than those, since it's one-sided and doubles damage. It also has a fairly similar mana cost.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

Balefire Dragon hitting the opponent for 18 and then doing 54 to all their creatures? giggle

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 3 years ago

folding_music wrote:
3 years ago
Balefire Dragon hitting the opponent for 18 and then doing 54 to all their creatures? giggle
I had not thought of that... Moonveil Dragon is also a nifty dragon to use with this
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

I guess tripling stuff is the new hotness.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

nice, Heartfire Immolator looks like it could slot in to mono-red prowess. Needs to be tested.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”