Post by Marquis » 3 years ago

Spaz350
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Spaz350 » 3 years ago

Does Tron want this in Modern?

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 3 years ago

This makes me miss Paradox Engine SO much. So sad...

That 7 CMC is no joke, so I think it's decently balanced.

UnNamed1

Post by UnNamed1 » 3 years ago

benjameenbear wrote:
3 years ago
This makes me miss Paradox Engine SO much. So sad...

That 7 CMC is no joke, so I think it's decently balanced.
Add in Sol Ring and you can activate Golos with 2 cards. Imagine getting that setup on the field....

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 years ago

more for jodah

The N82O Molecule
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 years ago

I bet this is the orrery Jodah, Archmage Eternal carries around with him. . .the American Express card of orrery what have you

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

7 cmc is steep, but looks strong once it get's going.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

This looks.... very intriguing. Tapping for a pile of mana makes it a potential combo piece (or just a lategame ramp spell), mana fixing is good for 5C decks, and it can draw a pile of cards if you have spare mana to invest. Doesn't look like it's worth it for mono or 2-color decks, but once you get to 3+ it starts to look more attractive. And, of course, it activates a bunch of pseudo-5c commanders (Golos, Tireless Pilgrim, Sisay, Weatherlight Captain, Najeela, the Blade-Blossom) by itself.

I'm not quite sure whether it's worth cheating out / reanimating for my Sharuum the Hegemon deck - mana fixing isn't as valuable, and I'm capped at drawing 3 cards (which is good, but not necessarily enough to justify the inclusion). 5 mana is a lot of ramp though.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Well.... This is a must include for the fivecolor Sisay deck.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Maluko
Answers: 1

Post by Maluko » 3 years ago

I was looking to replace Zendikar Resurgent in my dragon deck (because I already play it in my mutate deck) and this is exactly the card I needed. Mana, card advantage, and an artifact, everything dragons love :cool:

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 3 years ago

This reminds me of a ruling I thought was wrong at an FNM. One guy cast covetous urge and took Garenbrig Paladin and when he cast it without green mana it was ruled that the adamant triggered. The reasoning was äs though it were mana of any color"menat the mana became green. I still think it was a wrong ruling.

Maluko
Answers: 1

Post by Maluko » 3 years ago

pierreb wrote:
3 years ago
This reminds me of a ruling I thought was wrong at an FNM. One guy cast covetous urge and took Garenbrig Paladin and when he cast it without green mana it was ruled that the adamant triggered. The reasoning was äs though it were mana of any color"menat the mana became green. I still think it was a wrong ruling.
That's because the ruling was, indeed, wrong.
Magic Rulebook wrote: 609.4b. If an effect allows a player to spend mana "as though it were mana of any [type or color]," this affects only how the player may pay a cost. It doesn't change that cost, and it doesn't change what mana was actually spent to pay that cost.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”