clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 3 years ago

Liliana, Waker of the Dead
2BB
Legendary Planeswalker - Liliana
Mythic Rare
+1: Each player discards a card. Each opponent who can't loses 3 life.
-3: Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of cards in your graveyard.
−7: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of combat on your turn, put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. It gains haste."

ImageImage

"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Pretty solid iteration of my favorite MTG villainess. Plays very well into her neromancer archetype, both by preemptively removing a potential creature from an opponents hand, killing a creature (even an indestructible one) outright, or by reanimating whatever happens to be in the 'yard. The CC makes her very playable in a variety of formats.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

My big complaint is I was really hoping that the black planeswalker would be Davriel since his War card didn't do a good job of capturing his abilities.

This card is okay. I like the art, but the abilities don't really excite me.

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 3 years ago

I hope they reserve Dav's big mythic card for when they decide to feature him in the story again. Brandon Sanderson likely won't write him, but I'm sure someone else could since there's a good baseline for how he should be.

I like the card a lot. This is the power level I enjoy from planeswalkers. Not a huge fan of the Showcase frame, considering how cool Ugin and Teferi's are, but the art is so gorgeous.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 years ago

Guardman wrote:
3 years ago
My big complaint is I was really hoping that the black planeswalker would be Davriel since his War card didn't do a good job of capturing his abilities.

I think he's already been planned out for a future set so just need to wait :)

And since *that novel* didn't have set connected this the best way to show Liliana mood post-war on a card.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Couver

Post by Couver » 3 years ago

Guardman wrote:
3 years ago

Yeah I was kind of hoping for a new mono B planeswalker or a new version of Davriel. Granted never been a big fan of Liliana lore-wise anyway so maybe that is why. But since we are getting more mono W ones now that Gideon is gone it would be nice to see the same for black.

This is still a good PW though.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

part of me wishes the -3 was more of a solid removal but it fits into her ability as a necromancer and goes with her +

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

her facial expression has changed. She looks a lot less evil now.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

Her head looks like it was photoshopped on.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”