Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 3 years ago

Source - https://twitter.com/urlichmtg/status/12 ... 6498155522

Double Vision
3RR
Enchantment
Rare
Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
"Your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. I am."
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

cfusionpm
With that on the stack...
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cfusionpm » 3 years ago

Seems great with red rituals. Wonder if Storm will pick this up as a Pyromancer Ascension s Ascension[/card] that doesn't need GY (though UR spells decks also have Aria of Flame).

Edit: nevermind, just re-read the card, and it only copies one spell per turn. Womp womp. :woozy:

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

cfusionpm wrote:
3 years ago
Seems great with red rituals. Wonder if Storm will pick this up as a Pyromancer Ascension s Ascension[/card] that doesn't need GY (though UR spells decks also have Aria of Flame).

Edit: nevermind, just re-read the card, and it only copies one spell per turn. Womp womp. :woozy:
No but it will be a forever staple in Kalamax though since that's a 100% chance of a counter each turn tapped or not

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 3 years ago

Whelp, good thing they banned fires of invention.
Imagine playing this and double your drawn from dreams basically for free the next turn.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet

Yup, I guess they weren't kidding when they said there were cards coming that would be busted with Fires!
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

CommanderMaster999

Though why are we getting spoilers?

Did they get the memo that they delayed to tommorow due to national day of mourning?

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 3 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 years ago

Did they get the memo that they delayed to tommorow due to national day of mourning?
It all depends on when the decision was made and how easy it would be to inform people set to preview today. This is why, for today, the crunch is wrapped in spoiler tags
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

I realized cards like Fires of Invention, Runaway Steam-Kin and Experimental Frenzy have soured me on red value cards like this. Which really freaks me out, as I am red mage through and through. Two years ago I would be super excited for this card, as it is right up my alley. But I think this shows the problem with Magic right now where I can only think that somehow this is going to get broken and be horrible to play against.

I really hope my feeling is wrong and this either ends up being a fringe, but strong/fun enchantment or something I can just randomly build a deck around, because why not.

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

This looks like a lot of fun. I've been running Swarm Intelligence in a few decks, and this looks like a meaningful upgrade - doesn't double every spell, but being two mana cheaper is quite useful. Also works with stuff cast on your opponents' turns. But as a five mana enchantment that doesn't do anything the turn you play it (barring Lightning Bolt or another cheap followup), I think it's relatively safe compared to Fires of Invention.

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 years ago

as if hasbro cares about day of moruning lol

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 3 years ago

BeneTleilax wrote:
3 years ago
as if hasbro cares about day of moruning lol
I doubt it is much of a hasbro issue.
I mean, not everyone is based in the US and the day of mourning isn't really mandatory, so it is pretty much up to the sensibilities and working schedules of each individual.
WotC delayed their spoiler announcement and arena update, but I doubt other people are contractually obligated to do the same.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet

The where-to-find-previews page says they were supposed to be moved to tomorrow, but I bet it's just pretty likely that Wizards didn't notify the few content creators who were doing previews today. Wizards is notoriously pretty bad at communication lol. Their tweet about it was very late - 2:16 am Eastern - so a lot of people probably didn't see it.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Well, this is going into my Riku deck, as if taking sixteen turns in a row wasn't broken enough. >.<
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

My Foreigner deck is really coming together. Head Games, and now this?! *crosses fingers for Dirty White Boy as my next commander*
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

CommanderMaster999

RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
My Foreigner deck is really coming together. Head Games, and now this?! *crosses fingers for Dirty White Boy as my next commander*
I love seeing the look on people's faces when this pops out

BeneTleilax

they literally keworded mil that is the tackiest %$#%. whats next putting dome in rules text. is hexproof trolshroud now? this reads like someones garbage fan set.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

BeneTleilax wrote:
3 years ago
they literally keworded mil that is the tackiest %$#%. whats next putting dome in rules text. is hexproof trolshroud now? this reads like someones garbage fan set.
From my understanding via Maro's Blogatog (I am having trouble finding the exact post), they have been trying to find a better keyword for milling for years now with little luck. Mill is an easy to understand concept and is usually, in my experience at least, one of the easier "keyword" to understand when teaching the game to new players. There is a lot of value using the already established term that is pretty ingrained, easy to understand, and there is no better alternative.

BeneTleilax

it's stupid and never needed a keyword. if it had to be something call it something flavor like forget. theyve spent how long wishing they could rename kicker something that didn't sound moronic and now they do it again but wors.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

BeneTleilax wrote:
3 years ago
it's stupid and never needed a keyword. if it had to be something call it something flavor like forget. theyve spent how long wishing they could rename kicker something that didn't sound moronic and now they do it again but wors.
Can you source that? I've followed Mark for years and literally never heard him complain about the name Kicker, just the mechanical implementation being overly broad.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

BeneTleilax wrote:
3 years ago
MaRo just posted why they used Mill (and even used Forget as an example they tried).

Text Version
Show
Hide
orkinman911 asked:

So, you guys finally gave up and went with mill as official jargon, huh?

Yeah. Every word that sounded flavorful for milling tended to also sound like discard. (Target player forgets two cards.") We eventually said, "Fine we'll just use mill."

BeneTleilax

maro defends everything until the shareholders stop caring about it. remember when he defended megamorph as not an absolute stupid name

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

BeneTleilax wrote:
3 years ago
maro defends everything until the shareholders stop caring about it. remember when he defended megamorph as not an absolute stupid name
Based on his previous posts, I think MaRo is probably closer to not liking the term "Mill" but sees it as the best "bad" choice.

I personally love that they are using Mill. I think it fits the flavor of grinding away your opponents deck bit by bit. And I know based on past discussions with my friends most of them like the term "Mill" as well, so (and this is me extrapolating based on a small sample size) I believe most will either like that it is mill, are just happy it is finally keyworded, or don't really care. I would be shocked if this was received anywhere near the level of Megamorph.

BeneTleilax

its still slang and reads like ass unless you know the oldass bad card that its named after and even if you do it still sound cheap

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet

Please eat a Snickers and also, Mill has nothing to do with this thread.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”