Chandra spellbook cards and packaging

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2020-06-03

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This is not to bad at all what's absolutely jaw dropping is no burn/damage effects and Chandra's Ignition is not here either

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 years ago

allow me

young pyromancer. . .say what now? how'd you get in there. . .

lol

they did do a good job of picking cards that you would want four of, im looking at you rite of flame, with your awesome card ability and cool art.

no XR spell, interesting

past in flames, pyroclast, rite of flame I bet look baller in foil, but man does that young pyromancer stick out, even though it is a representation of kaladesh (if I recall correctly)

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

The N82O Molecule wrote:
3 years ago
past in flames, pyroclast, rite of flame I bet look baller in foil, but man does that young pyromancer stick out, even though it is a representation of kaladesh (if I recall correctly)
It's a representation of her time at Keral Keep in Regatha. The card is originally from M14.

As for the spellbook itself, nothing in it excites me, as usual. It is either cards I already have or ones I have no interest in playing. That said, the new art on some of them is quite stunning.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Mapccu

Post by Mapccu » 3 years ago

Rite of flame and pyroblast arts look great to me. I may actually buy some singles. Unfortunately there are so few great red cards that this ended up being a better list than expected. Red just doesn't seem to have the same depth of playables or chase cards the rest of the color pie has.

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 3 years ago

Young Pyromancer is a fantastic fit for this. He's a Chandra fanboy. I was hoping they'd include him!

Not sure if I'll buy the whole thing yet or not. Torch of Defiance is really pretty...
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

The only way I'd like this more is if Young Pyromancer came with new art. Otherwise I really like this and this might be the first spellbook I get

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
It's a representation of her time at Keral Keep in Regatha. The card is originally from M14.
ok I knew that the card itself had a tie in with Chandra, and it makes sense having it in this cause its a popping card, but the dude art is a little off putting lol. now you may ask is this making elementals a Chandra thing, and she does it on kaladesh on Zendikar (though not typically) so idk

also I don't particularly need any of these either, honestly I remember back in the day the pyroclast was printed so much you had a bajillion. as a collector I will always say that nothing is better than the original print. and if you bought the original print of all these cards it may very well be less than 20$. so what am I saying? shoot idk

does cathartic reunion need to be faithless looting? (I guess that's it lol)

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

Needs more lightning bolt.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”