2XM Weekly MTG info

Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 3 years ago

From MTG Weekly

There are multiple 0 mana Artifacts

121 Rares 40 mythics
When you draft this when you open a pack you take two cards then draft as normal. So Pack1 Pick1 is two cards, Pack2 Pick 1 is two cards, and pack 3 Pick 1 is 2 cards.

Marquis
Spoiler Master

Post by Marquis » 3 years ago

One more thing this is not an LGS exclusive so maybe that can limit the price inflation?

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 3 years ago

Holy %$#%, they brought back old artists!!!

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
3 years ago
But did they bring back Rebecca Guay?
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

Scott Fischer and Ron Spencer?!!

Niiiiice, I'm feeling the same vibe when they brought back Richard Ferguson to work a new blackblade art. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago

Niiiiice, I'm feeling the same vibe when they brought back Richard Ferguson to work a new blackblade art. :)
Having awesome artists from days of yore shouldn't be a special occasion. There may have to be a few concessions from the artists in terms of fitting the aesthetic, but I think the styles of Richard Kane Ferguson and Ron Spencer can easily coexist with that of Seb McKinnon and Wayne Reynolds.

That RKF Blackblade Reforged...shew that looked great.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
3 years ago
Stop hurting me. :( Though I think they wouldn't miss her on this "special" occasion?

And, concurring with RxPhantom here, MtG arts should speak for the artist, instead of homogenizing.

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 3 years ago

I think it's more that she doesn't necessarily want to return to Magic art, at least from what I heard.

I like having the vast majority of the cards be a cohesive style and very much dislike most of the old art, but that's just my opinion on it.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
I feel that new Blackblade art is the pinnacle of all the art he did for mtg. It's simply amazing.

As for old artists doing regular work again,,, I like the old art, but there's a new generation of artists producing art that is just as good - my personal opinion. In the end, it's wotc who decide what will happen. They commission Carl Critchlow to draw a bunch of alternate art for Ikoria, and I'm happy with that.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

clariwench wrote:
3 years ago
I think it's more that she doesn't necessarily want to return to Magic art, at least from what I heard.

I like having the vast majority of the cards be a cohesive style and very much dislike most of the old art, but that's just my opinion on it.
Considering how she got treated by a previous art director, I don't blame her. (He was incidentally the same genius that decided that real animals had no place in MTG, giving us Runeclaw Bear. And turned Tundra Wolves into the humpback abomination.)

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Card Slinger J
Nope Not Today

Post by Card Slinger J » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
3 years ago
What about Terese Nielsen?
"Salvation is for those who are afraid of Hell. Spirituality is for those who have lived through it."

- Ralph Smart

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
clariwench wrote:
3 years ago

Considering how she got treated by a previous art director, I don't blame her. (He was incidentally the same genius that decided that real animals had no place in MTG, giving us Runeclaw Bear. And turned Tundra Wolves into the humpback abomination.)
wolf should be black because it is now deformed.

is that art director also responsible for Silvercoat Lion?
a prized lion that is better than the regular yellow one..
Last edited by The Fluff 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 3 years ago

Card Slinger J wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
3 years ago
What about Terese Nielsen?
With the overreaction some vocal idiots had when they found out she followed some conservative politicians on twitter, I doubt WotC will have the courage to commission her any new art and I wouldn't blame her for not accepting new commissions from a company that doesn't defend their contractors and/or employees from a hateful mob.
EDIT: edited out some typos
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5

Post by CalebLost » 3 years ago

Atraxian wrote:
3 years ago
With the overreaction some vocal idiots had when they found out she followed some conservative politicians on twitter, I doubt WotC will have the courage to commission her any new art and I wouldn't blame her for not accepting new commissions from a company that doesn't defend their contractors and/or employees from a hateful mob.
EDIT: edited out some typos
She has done new art recently in Modern Horizon with Echo of Eons
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 3 years ago

It might just be an unused piece of art for another card repurposed for that.
I hope to be wrong.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago

Having awesome artists from days of yore shouldn't be a special occasion. There may have to be a few concessions from the artists in terms of fitting the aesthetic, but I think the styles of Richard Kane Ferguson and Ron Spencer can easily coexist with that of Seb McKinnon and Wayne Reynolds.

I'd be down for the the non-cohesive art to be used as promos* from now on. It would let the fans of that get that art kick, as a promo (as seen with the godzilla cards) it can be considered non-canon-ish so doesn't ruin the cohesive style the main set could establish and it would help make a promo feel a lot more special.

*By promo I mean any kinda of card they would do alternate art for.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
clariwench wrote:
3 years ago

wolf should be black because it is now deformed.

is that art director also responsible for Silvercoat Lion?
a prized lion that is better than the regular yellow one..
I actually have no idea. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”