These look beautiful.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2020-04-24
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide

they even include the Mothra Twins in the art. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

pierreb
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

Well, I think godzilla looks like a guy in a rubber suit. Then again, I'm not the target demographic. (IIRC, it's "people with too much money a little senses?)

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

They're really going all in on this Godzilla thing. I'm glad someone out there likes it. It's not for me though. Like, at all.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

am I going to fall for this? they are Godzilla lands. . .

the only one I really would want to play is the mountain. . .as it sorta has a story within it. . .

buuut I don't think I could get someone to pay me 6+ dollars for each one. . .as I think in the reverse. . .if someone said hey n8 buy this foil land for 6+ dollars I would laugh on the inside a bit. but just a frame of reference I would pay 6$ for a original print unhinged full art island/mountain/forest foil

maybe if I knew the number. . .like hey n8, give me 7$ for this land there are only 42 on the whole planet. . .well then, THEN, meh idc

there's something very unfunctionable about these lands

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Would have been nice if there was a land showing Gozilla vs Mech Godzilla. I like that 1974 movie.

anyway, will be waiting for the hype on these to go down before getting any. I'm sure prices would drop sooner or later.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

These are much more likely to go up in price, as they're a collectors item for people outside of Magic, too.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

BelialTCG
The Phyrexian Penetrator
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BelialTCG » 3 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
They're really going all in on this Godzilla thing. I'm glad someone out there likes it. It's not for me though. Like, at all.
Yeah same man, I think the Idea is pretty dope, I just think it's boring.
It is however a very smart thing to do as it improves the Standing of Both brands.
Godzilla becomes relevant in the sought after Nerd Community again and Magic can act like their Products have become more interesting because there is a Cross Brand Promo goin on. Also it prolly costs them nothing because they are both hasbro brands and don't have to pay each other.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”