[IKO] Naraset of the ancient Way

sexymsjackson23
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by sexymsjackson23 » 4 years ago

https://preview.redd.it/8zu2kroqrlr41.j ... d558fbfcbf

As said earlier, Naraset is the third planeswalker. Jeskai was something I didn't think would happen though

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

Source is StarCityGames:

That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

I was wondering if the Narset on Channeled Force looking like a 40-45yo lady was just a fluke, but with this getting spoiled today, I realized that the events in War of the Saprk didn't really agree with her skin complexion...
I mean...
Compare her with Narset, Parter of Veils or Narset's Reversal... Looks like she aged 20 years after Bolas' defeat..

EDIT
Admittedly, for the planeswalker's art it might just be the artifacts from the low resolution picture.
EDIT2
Nope, in the high resolution version she looks even older
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

So the previously spoiled Narset turns out to be "true" but not at all reliable in detail. This version is significantly better than the previously spoiled one. You gain life on the + and the discard is optional on the -.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 4 years ago

Atraxian wrote:
4 years ago
I was wondering if the Narset on Channeled Force looking like a 40-45yo lady was just a fluke, but with this getting spoiled today, I realized that the events in War of the Saprk didn't really agree with her skin complexion...
I mean...
Compare her with Narset, Parter of Veils or Narset's Reversal... Looks like she aged 20 years after Bolas' defeat..

EDIT
Admittedly, for the planeswalker's art it might just be the artifacts from the low resolution picture.
EDIT2
Nope, in the high resolution version she looks even older
There's always a certain amount of variance in how old characters are drawn. As an example, Arlinn Kord had the opposite issue, looking about 10 years younger when she showed up again (Arlinn, Voice of the Pack). And that's not getting into stuff like the variation Gideon's skin tone has gone through over the years. It's a natural aspect of hiring different artists to do different art over the years.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

first looking at the art. I thought her leg is part of the wall..
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

Jacky Charset

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Looks like Narset was always an older woman;

She was growing romantic feeling for Sarkahn during Khans and he was at least in his 30's or 40's so made sense she was a similar age.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Card Slinger J
Nope Not Today

Post by Card Slinger J » 4 years ago

So was there ever an explanation by Wizards of the Coast as to why Narset was cut from the Ikoria novel?
"Salvation is for those who are afraid of Hell. Spirituality is for those who have lived through it."

- Ralph Smart

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Card Slinger J wrote:
4 years ago
So was there ever an explanation by Wizards of the Coast as to why Narset was cut from the Ikoria novel?
Nothing says she was planned to be in the story in the first place, which is a shame. Her being a card here is clearly for the wedge theme more so than lore reasons.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

Card Slinger J wrote:
4 years ago
From what I've seen they planned the story having Vivien and Luuka then they sat back and decided they needed a third Walker for the set and chose Narset as the one that made the most sense as a wedge.

So they never planned on using her, she wasn't cut.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”