[C20] Arcane Signet reprint and themes

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Gavin has an article up for C20 for themes and Arcane Signet reprinted in all of the decks;
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2020-04-03

WBR- Human tribal
URG- Instants matter
BGW- Keywords matter
RWU- Cycling
GUB- Mutate

EDIT: Each deck will also have a pair of parter with legends so thats why each deck will have 4 legends
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Called it partner would be back from 4 foils

Anyway glad they remembered arcane signet now has to be on sol ring level of reprint for commander decks

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
Anyway glad they remembered arcane signet now has to be on sol ring level of reprint for commander decks
I'd rather have the signet over Sol Ring and have that reprinted in every deck instead.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

5colorsrainbow wrote:
4 years ago
CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
I'd rather have the signet over Sol Ring and have that reprinted in every deck instead.
Personally I'd like both, as well as Armillary Sphere for mana consistency.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

So wait.
We have main legendary, another legendary and 2 partners or just main legendary and 3 partners?
Also is "partner" or "partner with"?

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5

Post by CalebLost » 4 years ago

ilovesaprolings wrote:
4 years ago
So wait.
We have main legendary, another legendary and 2 partners or just main legendary and 3 partners?
Also is "partner" or "partner with"?
Main wedge + second wedge + pair partner with (wedge combined color)
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

Nice.
Hoping that the arcane signet will see a print run also in the commander draft set later this year.
That's as much of a staple card as Sol Ring is, even for a mono-color deck (a 2cmc mana rock that produces mana the turn it comes into play is quite a rare sight, even more so for mono-color).
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Watchwolf
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Watchwolf » 4 years ago

Ugh. What will it take for us to actually get new partner legends? What's the point of being able to have two commanders if you can't choose which ones to pair up? I had one moment of excitement when I saw partner, followed immediately by pure frustration when I saw they were "partner with" instead.

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

CalebLost wrote:
4 years ago
pair partner with
Thank god

SecretInfiltrator

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

5colorsrainbow wrote:
4 years ago
Each deck will also have a pair of parter with legends so thats why each deck will have 4 legends
Oh, I hope we get at least one wildbonder with their pet kaiju. All the immense monsters of destruction are impressive and all, but the joyful vibe of those characters even on black cards is on a whole different level. : )

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
5colorsrainbow wrote:
4 years ago
Each deck will also have a pair of parter with legends so thats why each deck will have 4 legends
Oh, I hope we get at least one wildbonder with their pet kaiju. All the immense monsters of destruction are impressive and all, but the joyful vibe of those characters even on black cards is on a whole different level. : )
That is apparently what the various "partner with" legends will represent according to the article.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

SecretInfiltrator

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
That is apparently what the various "partner with" legends will represent according to the article.
Yes, I just caught up to that part. : ) Tie-in supplemental products for sets have been something I've been pitching for so many custom sets and this really works out for me.

I wonder whether the flavor of bonders game first or whether the idea of commanders with partner prompted the flavor? EDIT: Paying closer attention to what I read answers that question, too. : )

Either way a really great fit.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

I am really curious to how the mana bases are going to be in the decks. I doubt they will include the shock lands though. I just hope they don't reprint the Vivid lands, again. Because they suck.

Card Slinger J
Nope Not Today

Post by Card Slinger J » 4 years ago

I kinda feel as though these new Ikoria C20 Commanders are really lackluster in terms of power level. At least Jirina Kudro is remotely more playable as a Commander than Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale for Mardu Aggro. Other than Arcane Signet getting reprinted in these precons is a nice touch. Just sucks that I have no one to play EDH / Commander with while this quarantine continues to drag on.
"Salvation is for those who are afraid of Hell. Spirituality is for those who have lived through it."

- Ralph Smart

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Card Slinger J wrote:
4 years ago
I kinda feel as though these new Ikoria C20 Commanders are really lackluster in terms of power level. At least Jirina Kudro is remotely more playable as a Commander than Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale for Mardu Aggro. Other than Arcane Signet getting reprinted in these precons is a nice touch. Just sucks that I have no one to play EDH / Commander with while this quarantine continues to drag on.
Syr Gwyn is for Mardu Knights/Equipment, not Aggro (and she is really good at that, giving all equipment Equip Knight 0)

Card Slinger J
Nope Not Today

Post by Card Slinger J » 4 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Card Slinger J wrote:
4 years ago
Syr Gwyn is for Mardu Knights/Equipment, not Aggro (and she is really good at that, giving all equipment Equip Knight 0)
Oh sorry my bad... :p
"Salvation is for those who are afraid of Hell. Spirituality is for those who have lived through it."

- Ralph Smart

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Card Slinger J wrote:
4 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Card Slinger J wrote:
4 years ago
Oh sorry my bad... :p
Don't knock it until you try it, I have a really fun one I play from time to time, sadly, I lack a few of the swords, otherwise it would be even *more* fun (well, more fun for me). ;)

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

I'm really glad they're reprinting Arcane Signet, I refuse to spend $6 on that card lol.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

clariwench wrote:
4 years ago
I'm really glad they're reprinting Arcane Signet, I refuse to spend $6 on that card lol.
I expect it to be a standard reprint in commander (and potentially Brawl, if they make more of those) decks in the future.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”