Reimagined cycle of an old popular multiplayer cycle
Creature that can generate mana only for abilities
8 non evergreen returning mechanics
Creature types Whale Wolf, and Dinosaur Cat tokens

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Alrighty

The dog is probably that plains fetcher (what great flavor if the plains fetcher is a dog)

The "X" that mean the deck that's in has to be rg atleast but...I'm willing to wager it's a legendary creature version of Unbound Flourishing

Hmm I wonder if the same cycle maro was talking about or a second cycle that's gonna be finished

Oh boy a "activated ability" themed deck is what that sounds like

Who knows what the 8 abilities are Hope one is enrage

Whale wolf and cat dinosaur tokens my goodness how much more insane the creature types get in here now I'm almost certain that commander deck leak is fake

Oh cool experience counters are back for one of the decks

I hope there's a "cat turtle" if it happens it better be a lion type cat

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

So apparently there's a Simic Combine PW doing experiment on Ikoria.

ilovesaprolings
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

Lot of these types are kinda "natural". Whale wolf and cat dinosaur can work with prehistoric creatures... kinda

CommanderMaster999

I have a feeling with some mechanics the follow come to mind

Monstrosity
Enrage
Devour
Ferocious
Kicker
Provoke (storm scale too high for this to be in the main set)
Meld
Prowess (for "timeless wisdom"
Cascade (if it's that type of maelstrom in the deck)
Emerge
Evolve

My list is in factor of what we could see in the Ikoria standard set but what can be in the commander decks as well

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

What is a "multiplayer cycle" anyway? I guess he means "popular in multiplayer"?

There's been a lot of cycles in commander products. By "old" I think we can at least assume 2016 or earlier. Could be a non-commander product but that gets a lot harder to search. If someone else wants to hazard investigation into that, go ahead.

-the "vow" cycle: possible, but they're not really that popular.
-the "join forces" cycle: I really hope not, screw that stupid cycle. The green one is the only one I see very often and it always sucks.
-the "curses" cycle: they've already reimagined that one so...that'd be pretty boring. I guess it's possible though.
-the "tempt" cycle: probably where my money is. Red and green get decent play. Rest see...occasional play. Except white one which is awful. 6 mana for that? holy crap that card sucks. I hate jumping on the "white is trash" bandwagon but sometimes it does seem like wotc really takes a big crap on white. That card should cost, like 3 at most.
-the "lieutenant" cycle: doesn't seem super popular from where i'm sitting, but who knows.
-the "offering" cycle: again, not super popular from what I've see but maybe.
-the "confluence" cycle: pretty strong cycle. This is probably the thing I'm hoping for, and it is pretty popular. But I wouldn't say it's aggressively multiplayer-targeted, it's just a good cycle that happens to be a commander set.
-the "myriad" cycle: definitely muliplayer but I basically never see them.
-the "basic landcycling" cycle: reasonably popular but idk, it just doesn't seem like a super cycle-y cycle if you know what i mean. And 2016 is definitely stretching the definition of "old" in my book.
-the "undaunted" cycle: not popular enough. Really boring cycle tbh. Let's take some existing cards, up the cost by 3, then make them cost 3 less in 4-player games.

I'd say:
1st: tempt
2nd: confluence
3rd: please god don't let it be join forces
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

CommanderMaster999

Here another creature to speculate one

Clearly it's a insect since it has lots of legs and eyes and there's another monster behind it

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
Clearly it's a insect since it has lots of legs and eyes and there's another monster behind it
That's not an insect. Only four legs and furry canine features. That's a winged Wolf! And the creature behind it clearly is some sort of Demon Kraken that has a very long and winding body like Deep-Sea Kraken. ; )

It looks like Vivien is really our protagonist. Shows up in art at quiet a high rate.

CommanderMaster999

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
That's not an insect. Only four legs and furry canine features. That's a winged Wolf! And the creature behind it clearly is some sort of Demon Kraken that has a very long and winding body like Deep-Sea Kraken. ; )

It looks like Vivien is really our protagonist. Shows up in art at quiet a high rate.
Not the cat/wolf with wings

The kaiju in the photo

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Not the cat/wolf with wings

The kaiju in the photo
I see now! The top right shadow seems to have eyes. At first I thought that was just some light passing through a coil of tentacles, but it could actually just be an even larger kaiju looming behind, maybe about to one-up the smaller horrific tentacled beast Phantom Menace-style. : )

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

I find the castle in the artwork much more interesting. Suggests that either the monsters are a relatively recent thing, or that there are or were methods to ward them off long enough to build such structures.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”