[C20] deck names

Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

45783369-8675-4E6E-9011-BFA8124DEB70.jpeg
Also Ikoria will have a box topper in each box separate from the buy a box promo.

TheMagicWord
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TheMagicWord » 4 years ago

Where is this slide from?
Check out EDH Magic Online Magic Videos
Check out my The MTG Word instagram for pictures of crazy edh boardstates

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 4 years ago

Ruthless Regiment: WX
Arcane Maelstrom: UX
Symbiotic Swarm: GX
Timeless Wisdom: UX
Enhanced Evolution: GX

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

Damn those names are juicy. I hope they will all be tricolor.
Arcane Maelstrom and Symbiotic Swarm have an high chance of being temur and abzan
Enhanced Evolution could be simic or sultai
Ruthless Regiment could be boros, orzhov or mardu
Timeless Wisdom could be azorius or jeskai

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

For my money:

Ruthless regiment mardu
Arcane maelstrom temur
Symbiotic swarm abzan
Timeless wisdom jeskai
Enhanced evolution sultai
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

I could see:
Ruthless Regiment: RW
Arcane Maelstrom: UR
Symbiotic Swarm: BG
Timeless Wisdom: WB
Enhanced Evolution: GU
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

BeneTleilax

please not another UR spellslinger or UG creature-goodstuff

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Ruthernregiment: A regiment definition is basicly a army so that could be abzan tokens or atleast boros combat

Arcane Maelstrom there's almost no braver it's temur

Symbiotic swarm: involving interaction between two different organisms living in close physical association is the definition of symbolic so that mutate mechanic is looking more than confirmed as the name for the set so that's probably a token deck so probably abzan

Timeless wisdom: don't tell me they are doing sepll slinger twice for 2 commander sets in a row but maybe it means something else hopefully probably a azorius colored atleast

Enchanced evolution: there's no way simic is not atleast 2 color combos in this one since it can be creatures going from simple to complex heck i think evolution could involve any color if done so maybe it's a 5-color deck and try to redo the error they made with the mana base of the dragon deck

EDIT: just realized 4-color is not out of the realm for atleast 1

ilovesaprolings

mmmh.... i think that ikoria will have some faction organization, either bicolor or tricolor

BeneTleilax

sixth color in ikoria confrimed

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

I agree with void_nothing, giggle they all sound like they could be Ravnica guild theme decks, exactly describing the ethos of the corresponding guild

Max Rebo
Husband of Serra

Post by Max Rebo » 4 years ago

Its almost impossible to not now think of the Guild for these. The names seem perfect.
That would be weird...….

CommanderMaster999

BRAIN BLAST!!!

now I'm almost certain they are 4 color decks

Look at this

This is a preview box of the deck notice it saids

4 foil legendary at first I though ok that's cool but then it hit me

It's not the first time they did this there was only 1 other time this happen and when was that...

Commander 2016 the 4 color decks you will see I'm right all of the others is 3 foil legendaries

And the reason for 4 foil legends was the 3 partner commanders plus the 4 colored one

And last time it was 2 enemy and 1 ally color comboed partners in those

I think this time it will be reversed 2 allies and 1 enemy

What do you think.

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5

Post by CalebLost » 4 years ago

That's still possible that they are 3-colors and the partner idea still works with 1 triple colored face commander and 3 partner of the 3 combination of colors (i.e. Abzan + WB/WG/GB)
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

inb4 it turns out that they are 1-color decks with 4 different legendary creatures each.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

ilovesaprolings

about the decks being 4-color with partners again
God i hope not. The first time they are directly linking a commander set to a standard set, it's also a set with really weird and experimental mechanics... and they release a carbon copy of a product released 4 years ago? Booooring

BeneTleilax

My guess is two unique Commanders, one legend from the Ikoria set, and one reprint legend per deck.

CommanderMaster999

Yea I think partner is back based on the 4 foil legends

And probably wedge based set and decks

Partner will either be one of each 2 color combo creatable from the colors or 2 ally and 1 enemy color pairs

And wedge is from 1 because tarkir user to be a wedge set until sarkhan time travels to save ugin which changed the pain to a dragon plane and not taken over by human so Ikoria will probably be a new version

And 2 a love letter to commander 2011 where it all started which was wedge colored commander decks

Mr.Guizee
Guiz

Post by Mr.Guizee » 4 years ago

Marquis wrote:
4 years ago
45783369-8675-4E6E-9011-BFA8124DEB70.jpeg

Also Ikoria will have a box topper in each box separate from the buy a box promo.
My bet:
Ruthless Regiment WBR (thinking of Mardu but not sure)
Arcane Maelstrom UBRG (imo I guess Arcane means UBR and G/R will be responsible for its chaotic nature, think of Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder)
Symbiotic Swarm WBRG (I immediately thought of Dune-brood Nephilim)
Timeless Wisdom RGWU (Timeless should be a reference to U while G represents wisdom)
Enhanced Evolution GWUB (big reference to UG, now add an Atraxa, Praetors' Voice's vibe and we should have perhaps the most perfect deck to "build" your own monsters)

tempoEDH

Post by tempoEDH » 4 years ago

My bet is:
Ruthless Regiment: Boros
Arcane Maelstrom: Grixis or Temur, probably temur
Symbiotic Swarm: Abzan
Timeless Wisdom: Esper or Azorius, leaning towards Esper
Enhanced Evolution: Either straight simic or maybe sultai is all I can see unless they dip into 4 color, in which case obviously Atraxa colors
Current Decks:
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death EDH
Karlov of the Ghost Council EDH
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant EDH
Edgar Markov EDH
Emmara, Soul of the Accord EDH
Yarok, the Desecrated EDH
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden EDH
Kalamax (No infinites) EDH
Ghalta EDH
Current Projects:
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa/Silas Renn, Seeker Adept EDH
Neheb, the Eternal EDH

CommanderMaster999

Ok new prediction for each deck based on 2 to 4 color

Ruthless regiment
rw
rwb
brgw

Arcane maelstrom
ur
gur
ubrg

Symbiotic swarm
bg
wbg
gwub

Timeless wisdom
wu
urw
wubr

Enhanced evolution
gu
bgu or gur (if not maelstrom)
rgwu

tempoEDH

Post by tempoEDH » 4 years ago

It feels like a lot of people are thinking Timeless Wisdom will be Jeskai if it's 3 color. Anyone want to explain their reasoning? Seems like it could very easily be Esper. I mean, we just got a bunch of Jeskai commanders from the last product, soooo... not sure if they'll repeat so closely.
Current Decks:
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death EDH
Karlov of the Ghost Council EDH
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant EDH
Edgar Markov EDH
Emmara, Soul of the Accord EDH
Yarok, the Desecrated EDH
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden EDH
Kalamax (No infinites) EDH
Ghalta EDH
Current Projects:
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa/Silas Renn, Seeker Adept EDH
Neheb, the Eternal EDH

CommanderMaster999

tempoEDH wrote:
4 years ago
It feels like a lot of people are thinking Timeless Wisdom will be Jeskai if it's 3 color. Anyone want to explain their reasoning? Seems like it could very easily be Esper. I mean, we just got a bunch of Jeskai commanders from the last product, soooo... not sure if they'll repeat so closely.
This should answer it

This is almost a confession the set will be clan/guild focused that's probably what these decks are

And we know temur and abzan are the only two 3 color combos remaining ever since the no more color focused decks so thus the wedge clans

Also it could be a love letter to commander 2011 the first ever commander precon decks made

but could be 4-color decks as well in my opinion

Simto

Post by Simto » 4 years ago

Would love a cool temur deck.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

And the winner is...
DirkGently wrote:
4 years ago
For my money:

Ruthless regiment mardu
Arcane maelstrom temur
Symbiotic swarm abzan
Timeless wisdom jeskai
Enhanced evolution sultai
I'd like to thank my agent.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”