Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

That flavour text though

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

Deicide reprint, this time with Elspeth slaying Heliod incoming?
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Yeeeeea it looks like Heliod is a goner

I guess her spite of him killing her due to fear is gonna strike karma for him

Couver

Post by Couver » 4 years ago

Ooh intriguing flavor text.

Now I want a return return to Theros to see how the Panethon deals with the loss of their leader of sorts. And to see who fills Heliod's spot.

There are enough people on Theros who remember Gideon that I wonder if it would be enough to raise him to godhood from the Underworld?

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

Couver wrote:
4 years ago
There are enough people on Theros who remember Gideon that I wonder if it would be enough to raise him to godhood from the Underworld?
Is he actually in the Theros underworld though? Was it confirmed anywhere that his soul left Ravnica and made it's way to Theros? Since he died on Ravnica, it doesn't make sense he'd be in the Theros Underworld. Heartwarming Redemption depicts Gideon finding peace in his final moments of life, not that he went to Theros before death. If there is canonical proof of Gideon being in the Theros Underworld I will edit this comment with that proof
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

I think they remember Kytheon, not Gideon, right?

Also, does Kruphix's memory change/is rewritten when a new god arises? Or does he/it remember everything. I need to reread that one story.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Couver

Post by Couver » 4 years ago

Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Couver wrote:
4 years ago
Is he actually in the Theros underworld though? Was it confirmed anywhere that his soul left Ravnica and made it's way to Theros? Since he died on Ravnica, it doesn't make sense he'd be in the Theros Underworld. Heartwarming Redemption depicts Gideon finding peace in his final moments of life, not that he went to Theros before death. If there is canonical proof of Gideon being in the Theros Underworld I will edit this comment with that proof
Good question. I'm not sure. I remember having this debate during War of the Spark when Heartwarming Redemption was spoiled. I don't know if we ever got concrete confirmation of where his soul actually went.

Elspeth's situation would indicate the soul goes on the plane the PW dies on. So maybe he is in Ravnica?
Last edited by Couver 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

ConstantMists

Post by ConstantMists » 4 years ago

Couver wrote:
4 years ago
Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Couver wrote:
4 years ago
Good question. I'm not sure. I remember having this debate during War of the Spark when [card]Heartwarming Redemption[/] was spoiled. I don't know if we ever got concrete confirmation of where his soul actually went.

Elspeth's situation would indicate the soul goes on the plane the PW dies on. So maybe he is in Ravnica?
Rosewater has said repeatedly that if you don't die on Theros, your soul doesn't go to Nyx, hence Gideon's soul is wherever it would go when dying on Ravnica. Seems like godhood for him isn't in the cards.
Current Commander decks: Zurgo Helmsmasher - Borborgymos Enraged - Elenda, the Dusk Rose - Doran, the Seige Tower - Sliver Overlord - Yarok, the Desecrated - Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Hazoret the Fervent - Purphoros, God of the Forge - Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - Marath, Will of the Wild - Ramos, Dragon Engine - Ruhan of the Fomori - Narset, Enlightened Master - Kokusho, the Evening Star - Mizzix of the Izmagnus - Dragonsoul Knight (Pauper) - Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Precon)

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I think that this is a super good card to always have in standard, which is what they seem to be going for

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”