Maluko
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Maluko » 4 years ago

Serpent_Steve wrote:
4 years ago
CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
To make it crazier mana reflection doubles the mana but cost 6 mana this cost 7 so only 1 more stinkin mana more than doubling it takes just 1 more mana to triple it wow.
I mean the one difference here is that Nyxbloom Ancient is a creature (and only a 5/5 for 7 mana) which makes it a hell of a lot easier to remove a creature than a natural enchantment.
True, but at the same time, being a creature makes it easier to recur.

I think this is a low-floor, high-ceiling card like Prophet of Kruphix: sometimes you will have nothing worthy where to spend all that mana on, or it will be destroyed on sight and the table will barely acknowledge it was ever played; other times it will do absurdly crazy things and wreck the game if left unchecked. Thus, I find it hard to evaluate its impact in Commander without seeing it in action first. I predict people will get butt-crazy for it at first and slot it in every green deck they possess. Then, with time, they will realize the card too often paints a huge red target on their head or gets removed too fast without ever getting the chance to shine. Therefore, it will not be worth the risk it and will gradually start being cut from people's decks.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, the card will indeed become too problematic for the format, with people copying it and recurring it ad infinitum, and end up being banned. But I doubt it. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is more anti-social, and in my opinion more dangerous, than Nyxbloom Ancient, and it has never been banned. And unlike the Ancient, Vorinclex creates a short-term impact on the opponents' resources if they try to remove it.

tempoEDH

Post by tempoEDH » 4 years ago

Not going to enjoy playing against the local Omnath, Locus of Mana deck after this. I mean I already don't, but this will make it so much worse.
Current Decks:
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death EDH
Karlov of the Ghost Council EDH
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant EDH
Edgar Markov EDH
Emmara, Soul of the Accord EDH
Yarok, the Desecrated EDH
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden EDH
Kalamax (No infinites) EDH
Ghalta EDH
Current Projects:
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa/Silas Renn, Seeker Adept EDH
Neheb, the Eternal EDH

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 4 years ago

I think this card is a mistake. Mana Reflection is already such a broken card. Creatures are so much easier to tutor, cheat into play, clone...

I actually think this will get banned in Commander over the next year. Every green deck will play this. Every blue deck will play Bribery to get this.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

TheMagicWord
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TheMagicWord » 4 years ago

When people go more crazy than regular crazy, they go...
Maluko wrote:
4 years ago
butt-crazy
hahaha
Check out EDH Magic Online Magic Videos
Check out my The MTG Word instagram for pictures of crazy edh boardstates

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
4 years ago
I think this card is a mistake. Mana Reflection is already such a broken card. Creatures are so much easier to tutor, cheat into play, clone...

I actually think this will get banned in Commander over the next year. Every green deck will play this. Every blue deck will play Bribery to get this.
Due to quantum mechanics, there is a configuration of atoms that can lead to Sheldon synapses coming to a conclusion that it's a card that should be banned.

I've done the calculations and it's 10102, so there is a chance.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

It's absurd, but I don't think it'll get banned. It falls into same category as the hitherto legal Consecrated Sphinx; it becomes a focal point of the game in a possibly unhealthy way, which I guess increases the chances of a ban, but plenty of cards (like the aforementioned Sphinx) fall into this category and are still legal. It's also an enchantment, making it vulnerable to a whole other removal suite, but at the same time able to be tutored for by a wider array of options. So basically... :question:

The only deck that I know I want it in is Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma. I'll try to resist the urge to put it in Yarok, the Desecrated, because the only reason I want it is to cast a massive Villainous Wealth.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I can see this being really good in commander but at that mana cost it seems really win more. although I guess you want an affect like this to be expensive

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

It's gonna be pretty sick yoinking this thing with bribery and gilded drake and animate dead :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”