[THB] Destiny Weaver afterofficettv preview

Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

Creatures and enchantment spells you control can't be countered.

{3G}: Target land you control becomes an X/X elemental with haste and trample until end of turn, where X is the number of enchantments you control. It's still a land.

Serenade
UnderKing
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

To confirm the "X" is locked in place when you use the ability OR is it in flux as you increase/decrease your controlled enchantment count?

In any case I like it for blockers or finishers in an enchantress control build. Fun with Heliod 2's abilities!
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

hmm, this card and Thryx are both anti-counter cards. I'm wondering if they will print more cards that hate on counterspells?

too many Timmy's getting seizures after their spells got countered? just kidding

Anyway, I think she's good. 2 mana for a 2/3 body are good stats + useful abilities.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Mookie
Answers: 47
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Poor Gaea's Herald. We've come a long way.

Provides a point by itself, but I wouldn't be excited about temporarily turning a land into a 1/1. If you're running a bunch of enchantments though, this could provide some big, beefy beaters. Seems like a reasonable inclusion for enchantment-based decks. May also be worth consideration for creature-based decks that hate countermagic, but I don't think the anti-counter ability is worth a card slot by itself - you really want to be getting full value from the card. A 2/3 for 2 is a pretty good base though, so not that big of an opportunity cost. Sort of reminds me of Sylvan Advocate, which saw a lot of Standard play.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”