[THB] Enigmatic Incarnation (Andrew Cuneo)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Awesome, what a cool design. Doesn't hurt it's a ridiculous card for Ice Cream Monk. Sacrifice Awesome Presence to dredge up Argothian Enchantress? Where do I sign?

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm a big fan of this card. Always looking for ways to sac enchantments, and luckily this is a "may" ability!
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

Very cool design. Get me some hatching plans into renegade rallier. :)

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

This could snowball fast. There are some powerful high-cost nasty enchantments out there.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 4 years ago

pierreb wrote:
4 years ago
This could snowball fast. There are some powerful high-cost nasty enchantments out there.
Note that it fetches creatures, not enchantments. So the only way to "chain" up is enchantment creatures.

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

pokken wrote:
4 years ago
Very cool design. Get me some hatching plans into renegade rallier. :)
Glad I'm not the only naughty mind here.

pokken

There aren't that many effects that reanimate enchantments, but any 2-drop into heliod's pilgrim + pattern of rebirth could be a pretty powerful setup too. Lots of fun angles. This card is a real design challenge, nicely done I think,

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Also, you can sacrifice an enchantment to search for an enchantment creature, allow you to continue easier.

pokken

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
Also, you can sacrifice an enchantment to search for an enchantment creature, allow you to continue easier.
Yeah, I think one of the best early lines is going to be searching for eidolon of rhetoric since it'll slow them down and let you get a 4-drop later if needed.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

There are enchantments that return to hand when they go to the graveyard. I think these will be one of the best ways to get continuous value from Enigmatic Incarnation.

Simic; Rancor, Spreading Algae, Aspect of Mongoose, Launch, Fortitude, Slow Motion, Fool's Demise.
Non-Simic: Fiery Mantle, Fallen Ideal, Cessation, Brilliant Halo, Sluggishness, Undying Rage, Spirit Loop, Gryff's Boon.

For example you could use Aspect of Mongoose, Launch or Fortitude to keep getting the 3 converted mana cost enchantresses; Mesa Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Satyr Enchanter. Tuvasa the Sunlit.
Rancor or Spreading Algae can get Argothian Enchantress and Femeref Enchantress.

Hanna, Ship's Navigator and Starfield of Nyx for getting continuous enchantment fodder.

Induced Amnesia is a nice removal target.

Drusus

Post by Drusus » 4 years ago

So its a birthing pod but it needs enchantments to work, neat.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Drusus wrote:
4 years ago
So its a birthing pod but it needs enchantments to work, neat.
Actually from theory-crafting trying to see what is possible, it became very apparent to me that it's nothing like Birthing Pod or Prime Speaker Vannifar when it comes to actually using across multiple turns.
You can't keep getting higher and higher converted mana costs, unless it's specifically "enchantment creatures" that you are searching for.
Because it's enchantment into a creature as well, you are also limited by targets. Meaning that you have to physically have an enchantment each time you want to use it. That means using a resource that you would natural have to get each turn. It might be that you only get one use out of it the entire game even though it's in play for the game.
Because of the nature of Birthing Pod getting a creature, you always had another target to use next turn. That is guaranteed use each turn.

It's still a cool card, but don't expect to get continuous and greater value each turn, which is what Birthing Pod/Prime Speaker Vannifar main advantages are.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”