Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

What?!?

This might actually be in a way better than Relic of Progenitus

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

this gy removal is looking good.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

caulkwrangler

Post by caulkwrangler » 4 years ago

Absolutely incredible anti-graveyard trinket.

Hawk
Slayer of Threads
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Is it better than Relic of Prog? That depends on whether or not you plan to abuse your own GY, but in Commander or the new Escape Standard, the answer is probably "OH YEAH". I'm less convinced in Modern/Legacy, where getting to cantrip and also nuke the 'yards is amazing, but for sure there are decks that play Relic and would like to save their own 'yards from destruction.

At any rate, being compared to one of the best anti-graveyard shenanigan cards of all time, one that is still a $2 uncommon after multiple printings, is a really good sign. This set is really strong looking so far.

Drusus
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Drusus » 4 years ago

Definitely a staple to include into ones collection.

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Should a colorless 1 card kill all graveyards except yours, while serving as a repeatable draw in certain decks?

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

This looks fantastic for EDH. I avoid running Relic of Progenitus in several decks because I don't want to hit my own graveyard, and only exiling one card per turn isn't enough to keep up in a multiplayer format, so exiling a specific card immediately is actually not that bad of a tradeoff. There is a bit of tension between the grave hate and cantrip abilities, but seems worth testing at least. I'm not sure if it is better than Nihil Spellbomb, but certainly worth consideration in non-black decks.

In other formats, I think the comparison with Relic is a lot closer - it's easier to get it down early and keep an opponent's graveyard under control by activating it repeatedly. Relic also has some synergies with cards like Eternal Scourge as a source of repeatable value. Still, seems like a solid alternative to Tormod's Crypt. It also gets around Leyline of Sanctity.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”