[THB] Stinging Lionfish (MTGA Twitter)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

This whole "reward you for slinging in opponents' turns" thing is scratching the same sort of itch that has birthed most of my EDH decks. Pity about the nonland.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

That art. Shame about no land indeed. I'll still use it in sea monsters though. I love it. Agreed that the unique opponents turn spell reward is a clever design space to explore for blue

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

might be useful in certain decks. And I like aquarium fish... so might get one copy for the lulz. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 4 years ago

I am absolutely loving the art in Theros. So many pieces that look like they could've appeared on 90's, early 2000's magic cards. It's great.

Not really sure about the first spell on each opponent's turn thing. Really depends how many/how good the flash/instants are. On the other hand both cards with the theme spoiled so far have been fish, so it would be neat if it is a fish/sea monster thing.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

Good with alternate casting cost blue spells (you pretend you are tapped out, but this guy untaps your mana rock!)
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

Guardman wrote:
4 years ago
I am absolutely loving the art in Theros. So many pieces that look like they could've appeared on 90's, early 2000's magic cards. It's great.
You said it for me my friend I couldn't agree more; the art is absolutely phenomenal and I truly love the set. It's going to be very difficult for wizards of the coast to top the set for me it is my absolute favorite of all time for sure

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”