[THB] Nylea's Intervention

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

Wow, this card is kind of ridiculous. The GG makes it less likely it sees play in modern Tron or something but I am gonna play the heck out of it in EDH :)

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Oh this is edh written all over it

And it's any land not basic land so another urborg and cabal finder

TheMagicWord

Post by TheMagicWord » 4 years ago

I use hurricane in some green decks for when aggro'ing players life totals down becomes difficult. It can give that final push to end the game. The other day it was sitting in my opener the whole game. This is awesome!
Check out EDH Magic Online Magic Videos
Check out my The MTG Word instagram for pictures of crazy edh boardstates

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
Oh this is edh written all over it

And it's any land not basic land so another urborg and cabal finder
Or cradle and deserted temple. This is gonna be gross.

I have visions of X=10, cast manabond, pass turn :)

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

TheMagicWord wrote:
4 years ago
I use hurricane in some green decks for when aggro'ing players life totals down becomes difficult. It can give that final push to end the game. The other day it was sitting in my opener the whole game. This is awesome!
Of course, this card does not hit players like Hurricane does...
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

TheMagicWord

Post by TheMagicWord » 4 years ago

dang it, thank you for point that out!
Check out EDH Magic Online Magic Videos
Check out my The MTG Word instagram for pictures of crazy edh boardstates

ConstantMists

Post by ConstantMists » 4 years ago

My Borborygmos Enraged deck has found a new must have card! Tap for X and load up the ammunition.

And I run Manabond in that deck for use with Storm Cauldron. I find my opponents are not fond of that combo.
Current Commander decks: Zurgo Helmsmasher - Borborgymos Enraged - Elenda, the Dusk Rose - Doran, the Seige Tower - Sliver Overlord - Yarok, the Desecrated - Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Hazoret the Fervent - Purphoros, God of the Forge - Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - Marath, Will of the Wild - Ramos, Dragon Engine - Ruhan of the Fomori - Narset, Enlightened Master - Kokusho, the Evening Star - Mizzix of the Izmagnus - Dragonsoul Knight (Pauper) - Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Precon)

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

It can be superior to hurricane if you don't also want to suffer the damage in addition to be more versatile by selecting other modes. I especially love it with unbound flourishing and Commander with hydra tax. Being able to double X and search for multiple lands in getting multiple land drops as green tends to do is very impressive

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

have won with hurricane damage against players in casual games, when we were having "classic" games with 7th ed only cards.

this feels less powerful due to not hit players, but has more applications. Sideboard material for pioneer? might be useful if a deck with plenty of fliers appear.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

It's kind of gross in a Maze's End deck.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

Unless you have a way to play multiple lands, there is little point for X beyond 8.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

I mean...Seismic Assault? Unless you meant to include those abilities in "a way to play"...
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

I'm trying to think of other green parallels for Braingeyser, but can't think of many that directly put X cards into hand. Uncage the Menagerie is the closest, but scales significantly worse (unless you're running a bunch of 6 drops or something). Weird Harvest, New Frontiers and Enshrined Memories all have significant downsides or high variance.

Either way, this looks like a fantastic way to tutor up a pile of utility lands, and works well if you have any way to hit extra land drops or discard them for value. Discard to hand size → Splendid Reclamation may be my favorite though.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

probably cool in edh because it can get non basics. But I didn't like it as much once I read it a second time to see the lands went to hand and not the battlefield

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”