[THB] Birth of Meletis

Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

I. search your library for a basic plains, put it into your hand then shuffle your library.

II. Create a colorless 0/4 wall artifact creature with defender

III. You gain 2 life.

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

This is... extremely intriguing. Delayed Wall of Omens, I guess? Mono-white getting a bit of mana smoothing doesn't happen that often, so no complaints. Add in a few ways to flicker / bounce / recur it and you have a reasonable way to generate some value.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

a wall of omens that only draw a plains. Interesting.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

And triggers constellation plus interacts with enchantment recursion and tutoring. With Starfield mystic it'll just cost W

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Such a simple Saga getting people interested is nice to see. Really small chapters like "Scry 1" and "You gain 2 life." are something I feel is represented more strongly in the new Sagas.

I didn't get it immediately but the Sagas all will depict reliefs and statues etc. (I don't think DOM Sagas ever used a detached statuary) Which is neat and fitting with the idea Ancient Greece, but just a statue of Ephara seems a little unspecific - more like a shrine to Ephara than a commemoration of an event.

I'm all in favor of Wall tokens though.

I get that Ephara art, but the name made me expect another entry in the story of Kynaios and Tiro. I guess all three had a hand in that.

Jace

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
Such a simple Saga getting people interested is nice to see. Really small chapters like "Scry 1" and "You gain 2 life." are something I feel is represented more strongly in the new Sagas.

I didn't get it immediately but the Sagas all will depict reliefs and statues etc. (I don't think DOM Sagas ever used a detached statuary) Which is neat and fitting with the idea Ancient Greece, but just a statue of Ephara seems a little unspecific - more like a shrine to Ephara than a commemoration of an event.

I'm all in favor of Wall tokens though.

I get that Ephara art, but the name made me expect another entry in the story of Kynaios and Tiro. I guess all three had a hand in that.
If you notice, the statue depicts Ephara pouring magic onto a plate carrying Meletis itself. That shrine was built because the lore is that Ephara gifted humans the enlightenment and magic to overthrow the archons and their leonin armies to found the city. So the statue credits Ephara for Meletis.

TheMagicWord

Post by TheMagicWord » 4 years ago

Did Kynaios and Tiro fight the archons to create the city or something along those lines? Or do we not know exactly what their impact was?
Check out EDH Magic Online Magic Videos
Check out my The MTG Word instagram for pictures of crazy edh boardstates

Jace

TheMagicWord wrote:
4 years ago
Did Kynaios and Tiro fight the archons to create the city or something along those lines? Or do we not know exactly what their impact was?
They did, and became the rulers of the city, but with Ephara's blessings and assistance.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

This card is super interesting, gets you a plains then makes a wall of omens sized body

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”