[THB] Idyllic Tutor reprint (Commanderin')

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

https://www.patreon.com/posts/32740296

Idyllic Tutor

High price, yet not high profile, reprint. Cool, I guess? :P

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

by the gods. This is a much needed reprint. thank you wotc
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

FIIINNNALLLY THEY REPRINTED THIS!

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

Welcome to bulk rare town you piece of garbage.

I've wanted to have one again just for one random deck that wants it for years and I couldn't justify it after trading my pile of overpriced lorwyn ones in.

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

I'm too stunned to think

Wow

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Whoa, a $30+ card being reprinted? In a standard-legal set (so no ridiculous $10 boosters)? AND it isn't upgunned to mythic? And it's in a set that's going to get opened a ton instead of a core set? Color me shocked. A very welcome reprint that will absolutely sink down to single digits where it belongs.

Jace

Hawk wrote:
4 years ago
Whoa, a $30+ card being reprinted? In a standard-legal set (so no ridiculous $10 boosters)? AND it isn't upgunned to mythic? And it's in a set that's going to get opened a ton instead of a core set? Color me shocked. A very welcome reprint that will absolutely sink down to single digits where it belongs.
My thoughts exactly on all those points. One of the first things I did was check the rarity and I was pleasantly surprised. I wonder how much it will go for now. This was an absolutely phenomenal and on the team decision and I am so pleased to finally have one of these. I have been longing for a theros themed one all this time. But I will still use it alongside plea for guidance because I just love the artwork on these enchantment tutors

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

Jace wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how much it will go for now.
Considering how much Misdirection and Exploration tanked right after their reprint in Conspiracy, I'd say, "Not much."

Jace

theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
Jace wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how much it will go for now.
Considering how much Misdirection and Exploration tanked right after their reprint in Conspiracy, I'd say, "Not much."
I'm literally glowing with enthusiasm right now. This set is so brilliant I just can't

I just Void Winnower

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

Holy moly! That's a spicy meatball! And that art! I've got a deck that's been waiting for this card to come down in price. Hmmm...I'm all warm and fuzzy.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I guess it's a fitting reprint that was much needed

Jace

I wonder which God is being depicted here. I actually thought it might have been Heliod, but the flavor text suggests to me Ephara

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

it still puzzles me why Fabricate is uncommon, while Idyllic Tutor is a rare for the same cmc. Wotc thinks tutoring enchantments is more powerful than tutoring for artifacts?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
it still puzzles me why Fabricate is uncommon, while Idyllic Tutor is a rare for the same cmc. Wotc thinks tutoring enchantments is more powerful than tutoring for artifacts?
That's a really good point. I wonder if Fabricate was too good in its limited environments, especially Mirrodin.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”