Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

not gonna lie, this surprises me. Means UB gets both a mythic and a rare, instead of just one. odd, but as a UB player I welcome it

Overall I'm eh on the card. Maybe if he something more (power/toughness/hexproof) I'd like him more.
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Gonti, Lord of Luxury this guy ain't. Doesn't feel especially rare or powerful. At sorcery speed, even on a blinkable body, I'd expect this to do 4 or 5 cards. We've come a long way from Fact or Fiction being back-breaking, and not only is this sorcery speed it is much worse as you have to make your decision based on unknown information.

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

Hawk wrote:
4 years ago
Gonti, Lord of Luxury this guy ain't. Doesn't feel especially rare or powerful. At sorcery speed, even on a blinkable body, I'd expect this to do 4 or 5 cards. We've come a long way from Fact or Fiction being back-breaking, and not only is this sorcery speed it is much worse as you have to make your decision based on unknown information.
I'd play Gonti over this any day. Not a fan of my opponent looking at my cards. Three is reasonable. A better comparison would be Fortune's Favor
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Hawk wrote:
4 years ago
I'd play Gonti over this any day. Not a fan of my opponent looking at my cards. Three is reasonable. A better comparison would be Fortune's Favor
I'd play this over Gonti any day. Decks are build with cards that c.o.m.b.i.n.e to do things. I just find that when you take a card from an opponent it often doesn't do much on it's own.

At least here you can dig for real ways to win and filling your graveyard would also be part of the build.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

Do we know if this character is male or female or neither?
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

this reminds me of fact or fiction, although slightly weaker since only 3 cards deep and they are face down.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”