[THB] Brine Giant Jeffery Brusi Preview

Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

Hard to evaluate this probably good in limited, where you can probably get it out for like 4

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Hard to say how good this is. I feel like in Theros limited, it was rare for me to have more than 3 enchantments out and a four mana 5/6 is good but not back-breaking. Without enchantment lands and without this being an enchantment to chain into itself, it certainly doesn't seem probable in any other format - but then again, who would have thunk that Gurmag Angler would be a staple of multiple formats during Fate Reforged spoiler season? No one, as it was a last-day dump. Definitely one to watch.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 4 years ago

Really depends on enchantment density, but this could be a strong limited finisher with the right number of enchantments.

Also based on the flavor text it is sort of implied it might be a Titan, which would be great since it would mean that the Eldrazi are not the Titans.

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

Between this having affinity for enchantments, and that one other card that's Thirst for Knowledge but for enchantments, I feel like a bunch of blue commons got lost on their way to original Mirrodin block, and when they showed up in THB, they just changed "artifact" to "enchantment", and hoped the other colors wouldn't notice.

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

Wish it had been a kraken instead. But I do sense some synergy with titans is possible, including this being one itself

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”