Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

can't work out my feelings on these. they look fully elemental with nothing tying them to a particular place or era, maybe designed specifically this way so they could be spoiled first. they're striking? i still like basic lands with text on them so literally reducing them to just the mana symbol is a move opposite to my tastes!

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

Honestly going to try to get foil swamps for my Skittles 1v1 commander deck that is my first foil/promo/pimped out commander deck
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Lands with (basically) just the mana symbols are something I have wanted for a long time, I think they look pretty cool and, depending on the cost of foils, I will likely change all my decks to be these lands.

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

The pokemon energy lands are nice, but I hope they will never become the norm.
I much prefer landscapes to these.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 4 years ago

These might seriously be my favorite basic lands ever. Looking forward to acquire as many of these as I can.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

KodiakCutpurse

Post by KodiakCutpurse » 4 years ago

These lands seem to be lacking... land.

These are perfect for people who like to call decks affinity when they contain no cards with affinity, or enchantress when they contain no enchantresses.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

I definatly like these and I as crazy as this sounds for some of you I hope to see lands in this art again but made differently

Might get land packs of these

palaguin
God of Penguins

Post by palaguin » 4 years ago

I am mostly out of Magic, but I want these lands just to have them. I'll just have to determine the best way to get them.

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

folding_music wrote:
4 years ago
can't work out my feelings on these. they look fully elemental with nothing tying them to a particular place or era, maybe designed specifically this way so they could be spoiled first. they're striking? i still like basic lands with text on them so literally reducing them to just the mana symbol is a move opposite to my tastes!
Tied to Theros, specifically, since stars symbolizes the Nyx, where gods reside, and Devotion is literally counting mana symbols.

Atraxian

palaguin wrote:
4 years ago
I am mostly out of Magic, but I want these lands just to have them. I'll just have to determine the best way to get them.
Probably getting a fat-pack is the best way, unless you want to buy them as singles.
In the fat pack you should get both the foil and non foil versions.
Then the extra goods you might want to trade away or resell or just open to try your luck.
Angels Enthusiast

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Atraxian wrote:
4 years ago
palaguin wrote:
4 years ago
Probably getting a fat-pack is the best way, unless you want to buy them as singles.
Then the extra goods you might want to trade away or resell or just open to try your luck.
I'm glad you brought this up since I haven't bought a Bundle since, well, they renamed them to Bundles. I forgot that each one comes with 20 Foil lands now. That should keep the price down and it is fun to crack packs anyway. This assumes that the lands we have seen will be the ones in the Bundle (I know they should be, but it is almost disappointing to say that I could see Wizards pulling a fast one on us).

If this all checks out, I am going to be buying a ton of Bundles. Or, at the very least, looking for the land packs on eBay.

I did check out the release page here and it does seem that THB is no different than other sets in this regard.

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
Atraxian wrote:
4 years ago
palaguin wrote:
4 years ago
I'm glad you brought this up since I haven't bought a Bundle since, well, they renamed them to Bundles. I forgot that each one comes with 20 Foil lands now. That should keep the price down and it is fun to crack packs anyway. This assumes that the lands we have seen will be the ones in the Bundle (I know they should be, but it is almost disappointing to say that I could see Wizards pulling a fast one on us).

If this all checks out, I am going to be buying a ton of Bundles. Or, at the very least, looking for the land packs on eBay.

I did check out the release page here and it does seem that THB is no different than other sets in this regard.
Thank you for bringing this up. Like you I have not purchased a bundle in some time and forgot they included foil lands.

Atraxian

The foil lands in the bundles are a fairly recent addition (Core 2020).
Angels Enthusiast

palaguin
God of Penguins

Post by palaguin » 4 years ago

Reading MaRo's blog makes me wonder if these will be only available in normal booster packs. If so, it will be a pain to get playsets even if I stick to my Boros ways.

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

They posted on twitter (well where I saw them) the regular theros lands. the hard part seems to be trying to catch them all, I mean collect them all.

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Apparently the bundles will contain the normal lands. The full arts will only come from boosters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”