Multiple New Commander products including draftable commander

Watchwolf
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Watchwolf » 4 years ago

Man that Commander Legends logo is straight outta 1999

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

I think this is a love letter for the legends set players since that set had 55 legendary creatures this one gets 15 more than legends

SecretInfiltrator

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Watchwolf wrote:
4 years ago
There have been followers of the franchise complaining about the use of Beleren font in all the logos making for a lack of character to that aspect of the product. Having part of the title in Beleren font and part more stylistically unique means they can have both their unified identity and serve the desires of those.

Watchwolf

Post by Watchwolf » 4 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
Watchwolf wrote:
4 years ago
There have been followers of the franchise complaining about the use of Beleren font in all the logos making for a lack of character to that aspect of the product. Having part of the title in Beleren font and part more stylistically unique means they can have both their unified identity and serve the desires of those.
lol yeah I'm one of the folks who miss more stylistic logos. I just think it's a little funny that the one time they decide to return to that practice, they go WAAAAY back.

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

maybe my opinion can change once we get the product but this seems like an overload of product that may end up being similar

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

I don't understand one thing... in a 20 cards booster, how many rares are there?

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I'm excited to see what they do with all of this but I fear it might be overkill

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

EDH is more fun when we use our minds to put together decks from the sets they provide.

Force-feeding is feels gross.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

CommanderMaster999

Commander legends will clearly get the world record for biggest set in magic potential (most cards in one set)

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 4 years ago

In addition to getting a Kavu commander, I hope that we get an enchantment based commander with red in it. We have enchantment commanders in Bant and Esper, but no red.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Guille_e

Post by Guille_e » 4 years ago

NZB2323 wrote:
4 years ago
In addition to getting a Kavu commander, I hope that we get an enchantment based commander with red in it. We have enchantment commanders in Bant and Esper, but no red.
Uril, the Miststalker!

Well... aura based actually.

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 4 years ago

Guille_e wrote:
4 years ago
NZB2323 wrote:
4 years ago
Uril, the Miststalker!

Yeah, I'm hoping for a red enchantment commander who synergies well with cards like Stranglehold. It would be cool if they made a Boros commander who is enchantment based instead of combat based. The deck could include:
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

CommanderMaster999

NZB2323 wrote:
4 years ago
Guille_e wrote:
4 years ago
NZB2323 wrote:
4 years ago
Uril, the Miststalker!

Yeah, I'm hoping for a red enchantment commander who synergies well with cards like Stranglehold. It would be cool if they made a Boros commander who is enchantment based instead of combat based. The deck could include:
Want to remind you theros is the next set we could end up with a 5-color enchantment legend in that set (probably a god)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”