Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Ok, that cauldron is kinda interesting.

Also, when I read the name for Forever Young, all I could think of was Alphaville.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

JoeyB11223

Post by JoeyB11223 » 4 years ago

Yep Cauldron is interesting. Grenzo loves it since it makes him go infinite with ashnods altar I believe, use blood artist for instance and gg.

Maluko
Answers: 1

Post by Maluko » 4 years ago

From a flavor perspective, I don't understand why Cauldron only works on creatures that are already dead. I thought the idea was that you would drink from it and become immortal?

JoeyB11223

Post by JoeyB11223 » 4 years ago

Maluko wrote:
4 years ago
From a flavor perspective, I don't understand why Cauldron only works on creatures that are already dead. I thought the idea was that you would drink from it and become immortal?
I think the idea is it can bring the dead back to life (graveyard to battlefield) and then prevents the living from dying (library).

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 4 years ago

Thats definitly an interesting card. Self mill and self discard are the best way for it i guess

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Narcomoeba, meet Forever Young, your newest best friend for BUG Dredge.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Forever Young is a cheaper Footbottom Feast / Gravepurge. Can't be used to protect your graveyard from removal, but can be strong if you have an interest in stacking creatures on top of your deck due to Bolas's Citadel, The First Sliver, or some other reason.

Cauldron's Gift is fine, but 5 mana reanimation is rarely playable outside limited.

The Cauldron of Eternity is very spicy. Reminds me somewhat of Whip of Erebos. It does need support from self-mill - if you plan to fill your graveyard with creatures dying naturally, then it shuts off future recursion by bottoming the dying creatures. May still be worth playing as a value engine after you've stocked your graveyard sufficiently, but using it purely as a reanimation engine seems stronger.

TheMagicWord

Post by TheMagicWord » 4 years ago

in the tweet is "the cauldron james of reanimation" a typo or a reference?
Check out EDH Magic Online Magic Videos
Check out my The MTG Word instagram for pictures of crazy edh boardstates

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

The cauldron gets creatures out of graveyards but then after that they get the wheel of sun and moon affect

Grenzo will be pleased with that

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

TheMagicWord wrote:
4 years ago
in the tweet is "the cauldron james of reanimation" a typo or a reference?
im going to go with the "LeBron James of reanimation"

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Cauldron's Gift: A five CMC reanimation spell is usually barely passable in limited - Rescue from the Underworld was an exception due to being instant-speed and possibly a 2-for-1. So I don't have high hopes for this one.

Forever Young: Interesting - it's one CMC cheaper than Footbottom Feast and Bone Harvest but also sorcery speed. Given the effect, I think I'm 100% in to pay one less mana and be forced to do this on my turn, Still probably casual/limited only but seems good, and seems especially bonkers in a limited with Adventures.

The Cauldron of Eternity: Any self-respecting deck should be capable of casting this for BB. The problem is whether or not it's "good enough" even at BB to cast and 2B to activate - that's still effectively five mana and two life at sorcery speed for your first dude, which reminds me too much of Strands of Night and Chainer, Dementia Master. It'll depend a lot on just how many powerful targets we have - since Whip of Erebos did see some play in its heyday.

Maluko
Answers: 1

Post by Maluko » 4 years ago

JoeyB11223 wrote:
4 years ago
Maluko wrote:
4 years ago
I think the idea is it can bring the dead back to life (graveyard to battlefield) and then prevents the living from dying (library).
Ok, I finally got it. This is a reference to the Holy Grail: it has the power to bring back your loved ones, but it can't grant immortality to the user. Or maybe it can, since the creatures technically don't stay dead and go to the bottom of the library instead (probably to prevent this card from being too strong or abbusable).

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 4 years ago

I bet The Gingerbread House will be the Green mythic artifact that costs less for each food token you control. No idea about its other abilities tough.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”