[ELD] White knight stuff (Mothership)

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Why is linden essential a white and one sided patron of the kitsune

Anyway there it is green knight from King Arthur confirmed since there's a legendary uncommon knight cycle

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

Man, that legend looks too weak by far. I can't think of any format in which that is going to be good in. It feels like they rolled her out at like 1/3 power and just kind of shrugged.

Seriously, how is that legendary? Its like 1/3 as good as Soul Warden at three times the cost while also being extremely color intensive.

I get that not every card is intended to be good but how is this legendary? Also how is it even a rare? This looks like an uncommon at best given what it does.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 4 years ago

They could have pushed that legend more to compesate the limitations.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Eh, I look at her and I see a deck where she'll be okay (Karlov of the Ghost Council) and a card that will be okay with her at the helm (Archangel of Thune). Not the most exciting, probably won't be built a ton, but not utter disposable trash at least.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

ApocalypseChive
Answers: 1

Post by ApocalypseChive » 4 years ago

Big disappointment for me is that (minor Wildered Quest spoilers) she is one of the best Knights in the Realm and has completed all but the red quests, but her husband gets to be the multicolor identity Knight while she is a mono Noble.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 4 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Man, that legend looks too weak by far. I can't think of any format in which that is going to be good in. It feels like they rolled her out at like 1/3 power and just kind of shrugged.

Seriously, how is that legendary? Its like 1/3 as good as Soul Warden at three times the cost while also being extremely color intensive.

I get that not every card is intended to be good but how is this legendary? Also how is it even a rare? This looks like an uncommon at best given what it does.
I would guess that, given Theros is the next set entering standard, being color intensive is more of a benefit than a drawback in the upcoming format. So it's quite possible that this card is balanced around some of the white devotion payoffs we'll likely see next set.

I also don't think it's "1/3 as good as Soul Warden", since it operates on a completely different axis. Yes, it gains life for dudes, but it gains life for those dudes attacking, not for them coming into play. It seems like it'll be fairly trivial to drop this and gain 2-3 life right away. She herself can account for quite a bit of life gain if you can keep swinging in with her. Soul Warden can only gain you life off a creature once, typically, but the Queen is able to innately gain multiple life off a creature, just as long as you can keep it alive. Granted, it has the drawback of being less "guarenteed" than Soul Warden, but that's what I mean by it using a different axis.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”