[ELD] Countryside Villa (Tencent)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

I can't find the original reveal on Tencent, but this account's been quite diligently tweeting out Chinese spoilers with English translations, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Name translation courtesy of Chinese friend.

Countryside Villa
Land - Plains
Countryside Villa enters the battlefield tapped unless you control three or more other Plains.
When Countryside Villa enters the battlefield untapped, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!
Answers: 1

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

Are we definitely sure about the translation? I've just inputted it into the number crunch and it's two places above Tournament Grounds. Not saying it's completely wrong but jumping from C to T within 2 cards is not something that happens often.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Nope, the name's just something that a Chinese-speaking friend rustled up, as written in the OP.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

Could be 'Secluded Villa' or something similar, which would put it closer to Tournament Grounds in terms of name
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

I really like this cycle so far, and have a few mono-colored Commander decks they'll likely earn a spot in.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”