Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

This card makes me wonder why we have not returned to Alara yet. It still exists, right? Could do one of those one-off sets. Doesn't have to be all-gold.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Here's a question who wants to true love's kiss it to get your charming prince back?

Serious though this is no oblivion ring but it's gosh darn good

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

I feel like the differnce between artifacts and enchantments (without subtypes tho) is mostly cosmetical from this point.

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Silkwrap, is that you?

This looks.... fine. I actually like it more than Silkwrap, since it (technically) explores new design space, by providing a removal option for artifact-based decks. You can fetch it with Tribute Mage, for example. It does blur the line a bit between enchantments and artifacts, but makes sense if ELD has more artifact-friendly cards. I think most of the cards previewed so far call out Food explicitly though, instead of working well with artifacts in general. Hmmm....

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

Mookie wrote:
4 years ago
I think most of the cards previewed so far call out Food explicitly though, instead of working well with artifacts in general. Hmmm....
Goblin Baker 2R
Creature - Goblin Peasant
: target artifact becomes a food until end of turn.
2/2

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Is this what maro was talking about white gets something new in throne of eldraine?

Artifact o-ring affects?

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

So who else wants to turn this into an elk with Oko, Thief of Crowns's +1? You get rid of one of their creatures, then turn this artifact into an elk so that it looses the clause where they can get their creature back, and you get a 3/3. It's pretty sweet.

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

TacticalCelebrant wrote:
4 years ago
So who else wants to turn this into an elk with Oko, Thief of Crowns's +1? You get rid of one of their creatures, then turn this artifact into an elk so that it looses the clause where they can get their creature back, and you get a 3/3. It's pretty sweet.
This doesn't work, because the ability is a single trigger (which will have already resolved). Would work with Oblivion Ring templating though.

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

Mookie wrote:
4 years ago
TacticalCelebrant wrote:
4 years ago
This doesn't work, because the ability is a single trigger (which will have already resolved). Would work with Oblivion Ring templating though.
Well dang. I thought it would be such a cool thing to do. Thanks for the rules clarification.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”