Changes in product line (PW decks now Core only)

Caranthir
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Caranthir » 4 years ago

At Salvation, some people noted that Ikoria and Zendikar III do not have PW decks listed. My friend asked Wizards on FB, and the following was confirmed:

- After Theros II, PW decks will be Core Set only (and as it seems for Core 2020, only 2 instead of 5)
- Brawl decks are ATM a one-shot product for Eldraine, no future ones are planned at this time.
- PW decks are going to be replaced (for non-Core) by a different entry-level product.
confirmat.png
100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

Former MTG Salvation Rumor Mill, Storyline and Clans Moderator

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

>create ubiquitous cross-EDH-variant staple in Arcane Signet
>fine, maybe they'll just print this Sol Ring style in all the Brawl precons going forward
>no further Brawl precons scheduled as of right now

"Image"

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
>create ubiquitous cross-EDH-variant staple in Arcane Signet
>fine, maybe they'll just print this Sol Ring style in all the Brawl precons going forward
>no further Brawl precons scheduled as of right now
Oh, no? So we only get reprints of Arcane Signet in their annual Commander preconstructed decks all the time? That's... already a lot of copies of that card. And the chance of more Brawl decks is still really good.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Here's to hoping they have the foresight to print it in regular EDH precons going forward. I don't know why this card in particular is making me so anxious.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Melua
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Melua » 4 years ago

It's just the kind of card that can and will skyrocket in price if MTG finance sees any weakness.

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

Seems reasonable. Hopefully they'll keep making them interesting walkers instead of the same ones over and over. We didn't really need 11 per year.

We already have a ton of mana rocks, one more expensive one isn't the end of the world. I'm sure it'll be in EDH precons, though.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

Arcane Signet is cool and all, but if the price is going to stay that way, I'll keep using Fellwar Stones.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

I'm anticipating brawl decks will be a massive hit. The biggest issue with them moving forwards is if wizards just measures their success by sales (hands down will be successful) or if they are also expected to increase brawl event attendance to be considered a successful product (much more in the air.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”