[ELD] Emry, Lurker of the Loch (NGA)

UnfulfilledDesires
Pronoun: they / them

Post by UnfulfilledDesires » 4 years ago

Emry.png
Legendary Creature — Merfolk Wizard

This spell costs {1} less to cast for each artifact you control.

When Emry, Lurker of the Loch enters the battlefield, put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard.

{T}: choose target artifact card in your graveyard. You may cast that card this turn.

1/2

From here.

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

And thus we have our Lady of the Lake, giving us back all sorts of forgotten (or milled) treasures.

She looks quite fun. Cost reduction ability seems a bit unnecessary for a 3-drop, but is useful from an EDH perspective for paying commander tax. Mill ability fuels graveyard shenanigans, while casting artifacts from our graveyard generates incidental value - either by recurring cantrips or threats. Not sure how good she'll be in Standard (or other formats), but she is a cheap value engine - could potentially come down turn 1 alongside a bunch of free artifacts, which is interesting.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Whirza decks in modern would probably like her.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Mookie wrote:
4 years ago
And thus we have our Lady of the Lake, giving us back all sorts of forgotten (or milled) treasures.

She looks quite fun. Cost reduction ability seems a bit unnecessary for a 3-drop, but is useful from an EDH perspective for paying commander tax. Mill ability fuels graveyard shenanigans, while casting artifacts from our graveyard generates incidental value - either by recurring cantrips or threats. Not sure how good she'll be in Standard (or other formats), but she is a cheap value engine - could potentially come down turn 1 alongside a bunch of free artifacts, which is interesting.
That cost reduction will be all the difference between being playable in Modern or not. I pretty sure she can find a home in the Modern Urza deck as at least a one of.

She should see play in any artifact based deck in commander with blue, very powerful.

Ulthwithian
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulthwithian » 4 years ago

I like her interaction with Witching Well. T1, play well. T2, play her. Then you have a nice value engine...

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

No ones gonna talk about her being the first graveyard focused mono blue artifact legend for edh

pierreb
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

Janky modern combo:

ornithopter
Emry, Lurker of the Loch
intruder alarm
+ some sac outlet
+ some creature ETB payoff.

You're better off playing Urza...

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

Absolutely broken. RIP Affinity.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

Syb
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Syb » 4 years ago

Rest in Peace Paradox Engine in EDH, pour one out for the Merfolk eggs deck that never was. I'm gonna build it anyway.

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

If someone can up to me and said, "hey Nathan we are going to unban stoneforge mystic and then print a blue aligned card with similar interests"

well I would just be tickled pink

but nobody ever said that and yet, color me pink

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”