[ELD] ELD trailer, future sets and brawl deck dump (MTG Twitch)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Trailer (WAR production standard, I actually liked it quite a bit):

Future sets:
  • Theros: Beyond Death - underworld focus
  • Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths - "monster world", wacky as hell mechanic of some sort
  • Zendikar Rising - return to the original "adventure world" take
"Image"

ELD brawl decks live on arena right now:

(damn, Feyd, if you're reading this, that's some nifty integration stuff going on)
Last edited by Rumpy5897 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

It's a kaiju set!
Repeat after me, it's a kaiju set!

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

Much excite. Some nifty cards in Eldraine it seems. I like that blue Dragon
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Raptorchan wrote:
4 years ago
It's a kaiju set!
Repeat after me, it's a kaiju set!
Ready the kongohki, Lord Mazann.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

....so, is Theros 2's codename TBD?
More seriously, Elspeth is one of my favorite Planeswalkers, so hoping to see her back in action. There also looks to be some decent enablers / payoffs for Devotion in ELD, so that seems like a likely returning mechanic. I don't see a ton of plants for Constellation, so we'll see whether they amp up the enchantment synergies.

Ikoria - not a ton of info on this, but my first thought of us getting to make our own monsters was Grusilda, Monster Masher.

Zendikar return is not entirely unexpected either. BFZ and OGW were pretty underwhelming, so hopefully the return will be better.

....no Kaldheim though. Alas.

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox

Post by BOVINE » 4 years ago

I've been traveling for about 36 hours straight. Currently waiting on a plane that takes off in another 3 hours after I've been waiting 12 already, got a 3 hour flight then a 2 hour taxi ride. You'd think I could sleep. Oh I'll check nexus right quick. Lol. Got people talking Kaiju. Got Zendikar coming back!; Got creatures getting made into pie lol got garruk got it all. Got dayum I love magic!
B O V I N E

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

Theros.

Then adventure world Zendikar.

I'm stunned. Something this amazing can't be finally happening.

I adore that Theros set crest. Can't wait to have it on my new Theros cards! I wonder what an underworld focus will mean? Will Theros be the January set? Or later this year? I cannot wait. Part of me wishes we didn't learn of this until later, not sure I can last.

Ikoria sounds like a great place to find sea monsters and Kiora herself.
Last edited by Jace 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

YawgmothPrime

Post by YawgmothPrime » 4 years ago

The trailer is well done and is a roller coaster of emotions lol. Now I am looking forward to seeing how gingerbread ppl are done in the set.
The human body is a machine to be perfected.

DementedKirby

Post by DementedKirby » 4 years ago

That trailer was so good I'm gonna buy a palette of collector's booster boxes just to have WotC shut up and take my money.
My YouTube Channel:
The Commander Tavern
- a channel I just started where I'll post content like deck techs and gameplays.
Please support by checking it out. Maybe you'll like its content and subscribe! Thanks!

Jace

Please when is Theros

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

Theros will be the first set of 2020

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

The Future:

Return to Theros (likely February for those asking): Hype level is high - here's hoping we get God-Gideon, the overthrow of Heliod, and the Return of Elspeth. Devotion has been forecast as coming back for a while now so that's for sure returning as are enchantments. I too am curious what an "Underworld Focus" means.

Ikoria (likely late April/Early May): Given that set symbol and "wild mechanic", I think this is for sure Kaiju world and also sort of imagine we'll be getting this as our new take on an Asian world - while it may have more of a Pacific Islander theme, here's hoping for some Samurai and Ninja to fight the Kaiju menace! Given that we're getting two very top-down sets in a row though, I imagine this set is a more "crunchy" bottom-up battlecruiser set. "Build you own monster" should play well with the usual Theros themes of dropping tons of buffs onto titanic threats.

Zendikar Rising (next September): Traps, Landfall, Quests, Allies - everything we loved the first time with none of the icky Eldrazi nonsense! Can't wait! Here's praying we get the fetches in Standard to end the scourge of their price, once and for all. I sorta doubt it...but a guy can dream.

The Cards: Tons of great stuff for Commander, as befits a Brawl dump. Tome of Legends is a real card. The Commanders are just okay, but Tome, Arcane Signet, and new Command Tower art mean I'll be buying at least one and maybe two of the new decks.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

I'm pretty pumped about Theros and the assumed return of Elspeth. I'm not all that jazzed about Zendikar though. It hasn't been gone long enough for me to miss it.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 4 years ago

I hope Gary "returns" in the Theros set

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Yes they made the trailer the same way they did for war of the spark amazing

I'm so stoked for a Godzilla (kaiju) focused set

Jace

I could see Ikoria as a Kaiju Pacific Islander world, yes. Hopefully not a new Japan World, as I want a revamped Kamigawa for that. Kiora would easily fit in here.

I've been longing for Zendikar. It's been gone since Worldwake. I don't consider the last return a return at all. It was a monumental disappointment. But had a few nice cards like the oath cycle, and Kiora painted by Jason Chan.

Is there anywhere we can watch the stream if we missed it?

SyntheticDreamer

Post by SyntheticDreamer » 4 years ago

That was SUCH a good trailer and I was absolutely not expecting Garruk to show up in it.
Lapsed DCI Rules Advisor - Retired from playing but still hanging around

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

Tome of Legends seems like a godsend for rw EDH.

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

Theros 2 spoilers will likely start at or before the Wizards standard Chirstmas break and be released early to mid January of 2020, for those curious. Am very excite for all of these, especially Zendikar Rising due to starting just after the original Zendikar block, missing out on it
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Mookie wrote:
4 years ago
Zendikar return is not entirely unexpected either. BFZ and OGW were pretty underwhelming, so hopefully the return will be better.
That is an understatement and a half. BFZ and OGW were the exact opposite of what people wanted from a return to Zendikar.

Also, I fully expect Gideon, excuse me, Kytheon Iora to make an appearance in Theros2.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 4 years ago

BFZ was on of the worst sets of the modern era.. Wizards definitly want to redeem Zendikar and return to what made it great in the beggining. Just curious how they are going to revive it? How mutch of Zendikar did the Eldrazis destroyed? i know that Nissa ahs seed to rejuvenate the plane, but would take some time to do that, and the ancient temples won't be rejuvenated.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

RedCheese wrote:
4 years ago
BFZ was on of the worst sets of the modern era.. Wizards definitly want to redeem Zendikar and return to what made it great in the beggining. Just curious how they are going to revive it? How mutch of Zendikar did the Eldrazis destroyed? i know that Nissa ahs seed to rejuvenate the plane, but would take some time to do that, and the ancient temples won't be rejuvenated.
As far as I recall, and I may be off by a bit, the Eldrazi only managed to destroy two continents and start on a third before getting stopped.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Jace

Is there anywhere we can watch the twitch video if we
Missed it?

Jace

Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
RedCheese wrote:
4 years ago
As far as I recall, and I may be off by a bit, the Eldrazi only managed to destroy two continents and start on a third before getting stopped.
Sejiri and Bala GED I believe. One was just an icy wasteland. Bala Ged was a sad loss, but fortunately there are signs it may recover. There's still Tazeem, Ondu, Murasa and several others with classic Zendikar terrain.

I read in the art book that the Eldrazi activity actually uncovered buried ruins. So there's a nice hook for a return. The loss of the Halimar Sea was sad but I imagine that opens up a lot of sunken ruins now too.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths - "monster world", wacky as hell mechanic of some sort
excited on this one. Feels like it will be a Naya world again with giant beasts. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”